Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Newbe info please

Hi, Im new here and I dont know the diffrence between a post and a thread- help me out here .Thanks

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Newbe info please

Quote Originally Posted by optionwiz View Post
    Hi, Im new here and I dont know the diffrence between a post and a thread- help me out here .Thanks
    Simply put, a thread is a conversation. It starts out when someone, often referred to as the Original Poster-- or just the OP-- clicks the New Thread button while viewing a Forum (such as the Lounge, where we are now), writes something in the Message box, and clicks Submit New Thread. It may be a question, or notice of something interesting, or an item of personal opinion, whatever. Once he does this, he has started a new thread in the forum with his post.

Other people, while reading that post, can then reply to it with their own posts. They can do so by clicking on the Post Reply button or, if they want to quote what the OP has said, by clicking on the Quote button. When they get done writing their post, they add it to the thread by clicking the Submit Reply button at the bottom.

If the OP merely asked a simple, straightforward question, there may be only one or a couple of posts in reply, giving him the information he requested, and the thread will come to an end there. If the OP posted something controversial or intensely interesting, he may get dozens or even hundreds of replies as people respond first to him, then to one another's posts.

That's as simple as I can make it for you. You need to learn how to post properly so you don't get people pissed off at you for your clumsiness-- like you just did when you responded to someone's post in one thread over in the Ammunition And Reloading Forum, by starting a whole new thread on the forum. People are going to get really irritated at you if you keep doing that.