Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 19 Holster

I'm picking up a Glock 19 on saturday and I'm going to need both an inside and outside waistband holster. Any recommendations from you guys? For the IWB I'm looking for something that will allow me to conceal when only wearing a t-shirt (although it doesn't have to be perfect, just enough so the casual observer doesn't go "HOLY SHIT THAT GUY HAS A GUN!")
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Belt slide or paddle?

(Bucks County)

Lots of folks dont care much for 'em, but I really like the fobus paddle for my G30. It carries nicely, and is quick for un/reholstering. Paddles work well for me because they allow me to put on or take of the rig quickly as well. No fiddling with a belt, etc. Currently the only iwb I have is for deep concealment, a PagerPal, though a G19 may not fit well in that.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    Lots of folks dont care much for 'em, but I really like the fobus paddle for my G30. It carries nicely, and is quick for un/reholstering. Paddles work well for me because they allow me to put on or take of the rig quickly as well. No fiddling with a belt, etc. Currently the only iwb I have is for deep concealment, a PagerPal, though a G19 may not fit well in that.
    I have a fobus for every gun I own and this will be no different. I also have De-Santis belt slide holsters for many of my guns. I've also used comp-tac for IWB holsters but I don't really like those much anymore.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

For my G19, I use a Galco paddle http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...=2282&GunID=47.

For my 1911, I use a Galco Quick Slide http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...D=870&GunID=47. Not so easy to remove but it's small so I just pull the gun out and leave the holster on my belt. This holster is very comfortable.

Note from my choices, I still prefer real leather, high ride and no snaps.

John C

(Lehigh County)

I don't have a 19 but do have 23 which same size different caliber, I first bought a sidearmor IWB and have found that it's not for me, wear once then into the closet, I then try RafterS IWB and love it, I then bought another RafterS OWB for my 23 and both IWB and OWB for my Kimber, I also bought gun belts from RafterS too, very good customer service and excellent folks to deal with.

(Luzerne County)

After carrying a gun every single day for nearly 14 years and trying amny, many holsters I have firmly settled on the Milt Sparks VM2. It can be had w/optional tuckable kydex clips (highly recommended) I use the leather loops for every day and the tuckable clips if I have to dress for business with a tucked in shirt.

I carry a Glock 23 as my every day, all day gun and either a custom Colt defender or one of various full size 1911's when I feel like returning to my roots In the summer I usually wear jean or khaki shorts and a t-shirt and this rig conceals the 23, the S&W and the 3"1911 just fine.
    As well as the occational 5 shot S&W M60 for those 'light days'
    All are carried in the appropriate VM2 with the exception of a belly band/ankle/fanny pack for the revolver for those special circumstances.
    Anyway, a lot for a holster but you get what you pay for. I personally cant stand the feel of the 'plastic' IWB holsters and they can tear up your clothihg too! :O
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; April 13th, 2006 at 11:01 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider
    I don't have a 19 but do have 23 which same size different caliber, I first bought a sidearmor IWB and have found that it's not for me, wear once then into the closet, I then try RafterS IWB and love it, I then bought another RafterS OWB for my 23 and both IWB and OWB for my Kimber, I also bought gun belts from RafterS too, very good customer service and excellent folks to deal with.
    That is one I have not tried but have heards lots of good about. I think I will order a new Alessi style OWB holster they make for my G23 as I am unhappy with my current OWB

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Philadelphia County)

dan. i bought the 19 the same day you did. the tactical paddle holsters that they have on the wall there at the gun shop made by blackhawk is awesome. i own a pizza shop and wear a t shirt all day long and nobody has a clue that i carry. it's comfortable and also has an attachment that you can take off the paddle and use as a belt slide.
    steve

(Lackawanna County)

ah i have mine in a Versa Max 2 and love it. Next month i'll be putting it through a tactical response class, so i'll let you know how it actually works after that. I've never really put it through any vigerous training yet. It is a 2 day fighting pistol course that sounds somewhat rigerous on your equipment. We'll see. Other than that, i use a blade tech OWB paddle for IDPA for my 19, 17 and 34 since they are compantable with open bottom holsters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast