Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Sporting Clays This Saturday?

Shooter morale is low today, too damn cold for me. I shot all winter without a complaint but I'm sick of freezing my butt off on the course.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Shooter morale is low today, too damn cold for me. I shot all winter without a complaint but I'm sick of freezing my butt off on the course.
    I feel you on the cold. I shot this past weekend and I was pretty damn cold. I dying for the Spring weather.

So yea, I shot PSA this past weekend with the following scores;

36/50
    35/50

71%..... Hard course but I should have shot better. Regardless I still had a great time.

Now here is some fun info. I now shoot a Browning Citori "Special Sporting Clays Edition" O/U. I have been out with it a total of 3 times and I am in love with it. Prior to this Browning my main shotgun was a Beretta Urika 2 Semi-Auito.

Overall I will say I have been very good with cleaning the Beretta. After every day of shooting I would break it down, clean it up and lube it. The gun ran like a top. I have since set it up for my wife (LOP) so that she could have a gun that fit her. Well the other weekend I had two shooters on that gun (Wife and Mom), so it seen a few rounds.

This last clean-up I decided to pull the gas valve off and see how clean I could get it. Well I am glad I did. It has 4 gas holes and 1 of them was completely closed due to massive carbon build up. The other 3 were fine with a little build up.

I am guess that this could have added some recoil to the shotgun considering my gas had a 25% blockage. I should have took pictures of it because it was so caked it looked like it was a solid chunk of metal. So now I am happy to report the entire 391 is spotless

(Pike County)

That's a pretty good score to me if the course was challenging. I did end up earning my first punch the weekend before last in 5-Stand - go figure, 32/50 was the top score in D class. To those who aren't competitors, winning D-class is like kissing your sister ;-> Best of the rest, at best!

I'm an O/U fan, I hate cleaning autos. Lazy, I guess. Give me a boresnake and 5 minutes, and it is clean enough for me ....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234