Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Delaware County Preemtion violation (Parks)

Place Holder for follow up

Last edited by BimmerJon; October 6th, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware County Preemtion violation (Parks)

I'm sure you know but in case you don't, the only violation there is the possession, they are allowed to regulate discharge, unless that has changed recently.

(Delaware County)

Yes sir, but others might not so thanks for the post.

I'm focusing on the regulation of carry

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Go get em Bimmer. I'm working on one in Berks.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Yes sir, but others might not so thanks for the post.

I'm focusing on the regulation of carry
    Here is the part of the statute just so you have it spelled out.

18 PA.C.S. § 6120 states, "No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth."
    http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/II/G/61/A/6120/limitation-on-the-regulation-of-firearms-and-ammunition/

(Delaware County)

I sent the Council members a letter in late August. I also spoke to Council (at their weekly meeting) and their attorney on the phone. I have planned on following up with another letter this month, mentioning the fact that they are subject to an M1 violation.

They have the attitude that they own the parks and it's their private property and thus they can do what they want with them.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    I sent the Council members a letter in late August. I also spoke to Council (at their weekly meeting) and their attorney on the phone. I have planned on following up with another letter this month, mentioning the fact that they are subject to an M1 violation.

They have the attitude that they own the parks and it's their private property and thus they can do what they want with them.
    I agree with Bill on this. WE all know that State law trumps local. Those laws in Media were drawn up in 1971, way before the newer LTCF's were granted in PA.

I would be worried ONLY if someone was charged, and that hasn't happened!
    There are TONs of laws on the books that never come off, because new laws are passed or supersede them.
    You guys feel free to piss in the wind and get upset, I think you should just ignore it! There are far bigger things to worry about than over ruled laws from 1971 that can't pass muster. Castle Doctrine, Constitutional Carry, National Reciprocity as some examples.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Dan, I'm supporting those issues also. Making phone calls, faxes, etc. I have a problem with the Council and it's counsel copping an attitude. Especially after they've been informed of the law. I quoted it to them in my letter, they just referred it to their lawyer. He has been looking for a way around it and has been sitting there awaiting me to further challenge him. Like I'll just go away,,,,, lol.

This was my first post concerning it,,,,http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ed-page-7.html posts 244, 248 and 268. I went on to Upper Providence Township and addressed their ordinance. This too will be addressed shortly.

No, I won't let it go to sleep, nor will I not participate in the issues you stated. I will continue the fight against over-regulation of the municipalities, the Commonwealth and the Fed.
    Last edited by thundrr1; March 2nd, 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added a little
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    Dan, I'm supporting those issues also. Making phone calls, faxes, etc. I have a problem with the Council and it's counsel copping an attitude. Especially after they've been informed of the law. I quoted it to them in my letter, they just referred it to their lawyer. He has been looking for a way around it and has been sitting there awaiting me to further challenge him. Like I'll just go away,,,,, lol.

This was my first post concerning it,,,,http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ed-page-7.html posts 244, 248 and 268. I went on to Upper Providence Township and addressed their ordinance. This too will be addressed shortly.

No, I won't let it go to sleep, nor will I not participate in the issues you stated. I will continue the fight against over-regulation of the municipalities, the Commonwealth and the Fed.
    Don't get me wrong in any way, I fully admire your passion and work ethic. I just have a different vision of things. Knock yourself out, but don't get frustrated if you get very little feedback on a response. Lawyers, even theirs, cost money. IF you educated them properly, they now know that Preemption rules the day. Unless you are a resident of a town, you have very little impact to another fiefdom.
    My concern is only if they are prosecuting on an illegal law. They aren't, they won't and the way WE are winning gun legislation they know it.

But never let it be said I don't appreciate your efforts.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member