Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Carry during the upcoming elections

To all those that are in Northampton County, I would like to make you all aware of a new procedure for citizens when voting. The procedure stems from an incident that occurred last November.

As many are aware, carrying to polling places is acceptable unless in a school or court facility. Last November I was wrongly disarmed. The actions taken at the poll resulted in discussions and eventually a change in procedure.

The change includes training of poll workers and the procedure that is shown on the bottom of the linked page.

http://www.northamptoncounty.org/nor...TION_ID=621057

Thanks to SigforLife for his assistance, as well as a few other individuals that have educated me along the Activist way.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Carry during the upcoming elections

My pleasure. Glad we could get this issue resolved so that further civil right deprivations do not occur.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Northampton County)

I heard one of the volunteers explaining it to another one while I was there today. So I started looking around for the guy or gal with the gun but there was none. Actually, when I heard the conversation, I assumed it was somebody that was carrying explaining it.

I mostly OC to elections but today was quick in and out so no reason to take my coat off and I doubt anybody saw mine unless they were looking for it.

Two elections ago, the judge of the election in our polling place gave me a load of crap about carrying openly. I shut him down very aggressively. He was humiliated in front of several local people in our small municipality.

Last election he told me he had no comment.

Today I was OC, as was my daughter for her very first time. He was busy schmoozing with the guy in the kitchen and had no idea what was going on behind his back. But that is just the kind of guy he is.