Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: New indoor range coming to Easton,PA

I just called Heritage Firearms and the range is 50 feet.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I just called Heritage Firearms and the range is 50 feet.
    That's a shame, thanks for checking though.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Northampton County)

I did get to go by and see the building. The one I thought it was is not. The right building is down the street.

Here it is:
    [ATTACH]100_1254.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New indoor range coming to Easton,PA UPDATE

I just received my newsletter from Heritage Arms about the new range in Easton. They are adding a 13 lane Tactical range that will be 75 feet deep, it also says that it will have computerized target hangers that can move and turn. www.heritagefirearms.us for info.

(Monroe County)

Looks like a NJ company.... http://www.njfg.com/

NJ is the devil they wont see a dime of my money. Easton fish and game is a fine club spend your money there.

(Northampton County)

They may be a NJ based company but they are also a firearms company. I admit I don't know them that well. As long as they are Pro 2A, they will get some of my money. I hope they don't turn out to be about just the money.

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

Default Odd information about a couple of new firearms businesses moving to the Easton area.

SARCO Inc (http://www.sarcoinc.com/) of Sterling, NJ and Heritage Firearms (http://heritagefirearms.us/) of Rahway, NJ are moving to a new building in Willams Township, Northampton County just off I-78 and just over the border from NJ.

Not knowing the businesses I poked around and it appears SARCO is a surplus arms dealer, and a firearms parts supplier specializing in parts for machine guns (http://www.sarcoinc.com/SARCO-sgnarticle.pdf).

Heritage is opening a retail store and firing range in the same building, see newsletter (http://heritagefirearms.us/wp-conten...newsletter.pdf).

I was looking forward to spending my hard earned cash at these new local businesses, until I looked into the people involved.

Specifically, Michael D. Moss.

He is listed in the newsletter as the owner of Quantico Associates. Quantico is the real estate developer and owner of the building. Michael D. Moss of Ottsville, Bucks County is also the owner of Intercontinental Distributing (an importing company) and Intercontinental Development (a real estate company) at the same 50 Hilton St, Easton, PA where the building for SARCO and Heritage are going to be located. He is on the board of Trustees of Delaware Valley College in Doylestown. As well as on the Board of Directors of Team Capital Bank. No red flags yet.

The Google results for Michael D. Moss also show some political campaign donations, so I took a look at theses. This is when the shit hits the fan.

It seems Michal D. Moss has over the years donated to:
    Joe Sestak ($1,200 on 12/31/2009)
    ACTBLUE a PAC that supports liberal bloggers ($500 on 9/13/2009)
    Patrick Murphy ($2,400 on 7/6/2009, $2,300 on 4/26/2007. $2,000 on 6/14/2006)
    And drum roll please…
    Frank Lautenburg ($250 on 8/13/2007).

I called Intercontinental Distributing and asked to speak with Michael Moss. I asked about the range project and if he was the same Michael Moss on the Board of Team Capital Bank, which he said yes.

I then asked him why he would donate to anti-gun politicians if he was a partner in a firearms business?

At this point he got very defensive, and said he was only the developer of the building and the landlord. The fact he is gun guy, an ex marine, has licenses for Title I and Title II firearms, and has a private collection of vintage tanks.

All of which he volunteered to me without asking.

I then asked why he would donate to anti-gun politicians like Joe Sestak and Patrick Murphy?

To which his reply was they are not anti-gun. Joe was a Navy Admiral and is not anit-gun. He also stated that Patrick Murphy was not anti-gun as well. I mentioned that I begged to differ on his comment He then stated that he and Pat Toomey owned a business together in the past.

Basically avoiding the question I asked about donating to anti-gun politicians.

I stated that I will not support a business that donates money to anti-gun politicians.

To which he replied that he is only the landlord.

I then pointed out that he would be using income, from the rent paid by two firearms related business, as the landlord of the building to support anti-gun politicians, which is close enough for me and most gun owners I know.

Neither of us was going to see the other’s point, so I left it at that and said good bye.

Neither Sarco or Heritage will get any of my money, as long as Michal Moss is involved with them.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Odd information about a couple of new firearms businesses moving to the Easton ar

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    SARCO Inc (http://www.sarcoinc.com/) of Sterling, NJ and Heritage Firearms (http://heritagefirearms.us/) of Rahway, NJ are moving to a new building in Willams Township, Northampton County just off I-78 and just over the border from NJ.

Not knowing the businesses I poked around and it appears SARCO is a surplus arms dealer, and a firearms parts supplier specializing in parts for machine guns (http://www.sarcoinc.com/SARCO-sgnarticle.pdf).

Heritage is opening a retail store and firing range in the same building, see newsletter (http://heritagefirearms.us/wp-conten...newsletter.pdf).

I was looking forward to spending my hard earned cash at these new local businesses, until I looked into the people involved.

He is listed in the newsletter as the owner of Quantico Associates. Quantico is the real estate developer and owner of the building. Michael D. Moss of Ottsville, Bucks County is also the owner of Intercontinental Distributing (an importing company) and Intercontinental Development (a real estate company) at the same 50 Hilton St, Easton, PA where the building for SARCO and Heritage are going to be located. He is on the board of Trustees of Delaware Valley College in Doylestown. As well as on the Board of Directors of Team Capital Bank. No red flags yet.

The Google results for Michael D. Moss also show some political campaign donations, so I took a look at theses. This is when the shit hits the fan.

And drum roll please…

I called Intercontinental Distributing and asked to speak with Michael Moss. I asked about the range project and if he was the same Michael Moss on the Board of Team Capital Bank, which he said yes.

I then asked him why he would donate to anti-gun politicians if he was a partner in a firearms business?

At this point he got very defensive, and said he was only the developer of the building and the landlord. The fact he is gun guy, an ex marine, has licenses for Title I and Title II firearms, and has a private collection of vintage tanks.

I then asked why he would donate to anti-gun politicians like Joe Sestak and Patrick Murphy?

To which his reply was they are not anti-gun. Joe was a Navy Admiral and is not anit-gun. He also stated that Patrick Murphy was not anti-gun as well. I mentioned that I begged to differ on his comment He then stated that he and Pat Toomey owned a business together in the past.

I stated that I will not support a business that donates money to anti-gun politicians.

I then pointed out that he would be using income, from the rent paid by two firearms related business, as the landlord of the building to support anti-gun politicians, which is close enough for me and most gun owners I know.

Neither of us was going to see the other’s point, so I left it at that and said good bye.

Neither Sarco or Heritage will get any of my money, as long as Michal Moss is involved with them.
    I agree with you 100% But don't think many others will. Or they claim they do but will still go there. I do a good amount of transfers from SARCO now and am sure it will not stop. Seems that most gun owners these days only care about cost. Nothing else! If they bring Jersey pricing with them they will be sunk.

I am sorry to here that SARCO is involved in this. Do agree they needed to get out of Jersey but to make a deal with people like this is sad.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Odd information about a couple of new firearms businesses moving to the Easton ar

And drum roll please…

Thanks, Captain Bringdown.

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

It seems Michael D. Moss has over the years donated to

NRA Rating: F
    About ActBlue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActBlue

According Open Secrets the website they list ActBlue as of Feb 11, 2011 as #1 in their "Top 10 Heavy Hitters" list in political fundraising from 1989 to 2010 (http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/index.php). ActBlue has raised $51,124,846 in that period (http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summ...?id=D000021806). The National Rifle Association is listed as #39 with a $18,209,746 in the same period (http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summ...?id=D000000082). Though that is comparing apples with oranges. The NRA's funds were rasied over the whole period from 1989 to 2010, where as ActBlue did not exist before 2004. So the NRA has been raising roughtly $1,000,000 for each of the last 2 election cycles, where as ActBlue raised $20,000,000+ in each of the last 2 election cycles. Plus George Soros is a contributor to ActBlue as well.

Patrick Murphy ($2,400 on 7/6/2009, $2,300 on 4/26/2007. $2,000 on6/14/2006)
    NRA Rating: D+

And drum roll please…
    NRA Rating: F-

I sure as hell will not give one penny of my hard earned money to Heritage or Sarco as long as Michael D. Moss is involved in any way with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast