Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Scope Mount on a Mosin Nagant 91/30

I was just wondering if anyone out there would know how much a gunsmith might charge to drill,tap etc. and install a scope mount onto a mosin nagant? thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Scope Mount on a Mosin Nagant 91/30

I can do the work for you . Has the bolt lug been drilled and tapped for another bolt.
    Just for the labor it's about $65.00.If you want to discuss it feel free to call me.
    My shop is in Pottstown.
    Thanks Jerry 610-705-4867

(Chester County)

Ok, thank you. Thats a good price, I don't need the work done this minute because the mount that i ordered has been placed on backorder, but i will save your number and contact you somewhere between now and mid march.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcross44 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone out there would know how much a gunsmith might charge to drill,tap etc. and install a scope mount onto a mosin nagant? thanks.
    If you are anywhere around Delaware, I do them for 50.00 and have done well over 30 of them. Also have examples in the shop that I have done.
    Dave Henderson
    hegunshop@aol.com
    www.heguns.com

meanbeangreen Guest

I have a mosin and enjoy it. Have you considered this option; taking off the rear folding sight, and underneath is a 3/8th dovetail base upon which you can mount any dovetail rings. I went with a solid one piece for added stability. Then all you have to do is by a LER(long eye relief) scope and, boom done. Also, no need to buy a different bolt or add a bolt handle.

Quote Originally Posted by meanbeangreen View Post
    I have a mosin and enjoy it. Have you considered this option; taking off the rear folding sight, and underneath is a 3/8th dovetail base upon which you can mount any dovetail rings. I went with a solid one piece for added stability. Then all you have to do is by a LER(long eye relief) scope and, boom done. Also, no need to buy a different bolt or add a bolt handle.
    Yes AIM has the kit that works perfect, they also have a tri rail system that goes to the 2 pins that are already there. Then you put the 7X32 long eye relief scope and your in business. It all depends on what you are looking for. I did a standard nagant mount today, Only issue is they guy sold the man the scope and mount as an original WW II. Real shame as he paid double what he could have baught it on any web site for. But it will shoot the same anyway and I am sure he will have fun with it. But back to your idea of the long eye relief it is easy and works as long as the customer is not going for the original look and you have a good set of eyes as I am now 62 and getting a good fucus at long range is hard for me with them.
    Dave
    hegunshop@aol.com
    www.heguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by ironcross44 View Post
    Ok, thank you. Thats a good price, I don't need the work done this minute because the mount that i ordered has been placed on backorder, but i will save your number and contact you somewhere between now and mid march.
    I also have about 50 complete mounts that come with all the hardware including the tap and drillbit. I have them listed on buy it now gunbroker for 90.00 plus shipping for the whole kit less scope of course.
    Dave

(Philadelphia County)

i did a pem sniper set up for a friend last year he uses it for deer hunting.he bought the bent bolt body from a guy on gunbroker