Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default open carry in Delaware County

Anyone who has a LTC who lives in Delaware County open carry. I was wondering
    if the countys lets you.

thank you

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: open carry in Delaware County

You do understand that the actual carry "laws" are uniform throughout the state right?
    Philadelphia is a little different but those differences are part of the Uniform Firearms Act (state law).

Or

Did you mean from the perspective of LEO's being abusive and illegally denying your rights?

zoey, you're new, so we'll go easy on you.

The county has no say on whether open carry is legal or not. The Uniform Firearms Act is not allowed to be preempted by political subdivisions, and since open carry is not prohibited by the PA UFA, it cannot be prohibited by the county...

PaPatriot beat me to it.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Delaware County)

I'll just add to what Pa. Patriot said, since Delaware County boarders Philadelphia. You may open carry everywhere in the state as there are no laws prohibiting it, however, in Philadelphia (only) you need the License To Carry Firearms (LTCF) to do so.

There's a thread started by a guy in northwestern DELCO (Wayne) about his experience with open carry here:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...tml#post104813

(Delaware County)

I live in Havertown also and I carry concealed. I don't open carry BUT I'm not against it either. I think both ways have their place. Now getting back to your question, my friend is a trooper out of media and they are aware of the open carry laws but I can't say how Haverford township Police will react to it,although it is pefectly legal. Maybe
    Pa. Patriot can send them some info? I have been kicking around the idea of open carry lately but I haven't been able to convince the wife as of yet. She thinks we are going to get stopped every 5 seconds so I just conceal. FOR NOW!
    Last edited by JIMMYC308; December 8th, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Delaware County)

During weather that doesn't require a coat - I OC regularly in Delaware county.
    See thread here:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...a-suburbs.html

(Chester County)

I open carry only when I go to my fiance's parents' house on the boarder of chester. Right near chester park. Here is my findings with doing so.

1. A cop stopped me while I was walking to my car. I showed him my LTCF since I was getting in my car and he politely said I don't blame you. I carry a ruger blackhawk in .45 colt and we joked around with revolvers vs. semi autos for a minute then went on our way.

2. There is at least one loud mouthed person that I run in to down there at least once a week. I just mind my business. With me and my fiance's family being really the only caucasian on the street I assume that goes with the territory. Ever since I started open carrying a semi larger revolver I get stares and the occasional "you see what he has", but that is all. No more confrontations. It is unfortunate some places in our society you have to carry a bigger stick to get more respect.

So in that instance in Delaware County, open carry really works for me and may save my life or prevent a very violent confrontation. Everywhere else I conceal. Sometimes liberal suburban soccer moms are more a threat to your rights than an urban thug. Sad but true if you know what I mean.

(Monroe County)

Anyone who has a LTC who lives in Delaware County open carry. I was wondering if the countys lets you.
    thank you
    The firearm laws in PA are the same all over EXCEPT PHILADELPHIA. In philly you are REQUIRED to have a LTCF to open carry as it is a city of the first class and the ONLY city of the first class in PA. Here are 2 links for you to check out the laws. One link is the MPOETC SPECIFICALLY COVERING OPEN CARRY (training that is mandatory for police to receive) The other link is to a handy little pamphlet that covers the laws on carrying pretty well. Hope they help!

MPOETC in PDF format
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Gun Rights Pamphlet
    http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/Pennsylvania_Gun_Rights.pdf

(Delaware County)

I CC 90% of the time, but I do also OC

Broomall, PA

EDIT: Just noticed c_brutsche bumped this thread from 2007

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    With me and my fiance's family being really the only Caucasians on the street . ..
    Please excuse the digression but don't you mean "European American"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast