Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Best way to do this?? NFA stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DVE View Post
    . . . .So in my opinion, it's not in Snert's best interest to form a corporation/LLC due to his sons.

Snert - I was simply trying to offer you alternative options in reference to your NFA collection. . . .
    Your opinion is only as valuable as your expertise, which was brutally brought into question when you said this:

Just to clarify - there is no real difference between forming a trust for guns (NFA) and a trust for anything else. Granted it wouldn't hurt if the lawyer was atleast a little familiar with gun laws - but in all reality it's not that big of a deal.
    I think that felony possession is a big deal. And the accuracy of the trust documents is critical to avoiding a felony count for every NFA firearm in your possession.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Your opinion is only as valuable as your expertise
    In that case could you clarify why in your opinion it is best for Snert to form a corporation/LLC?

Also it may help if you could actually answer the questions I raised on the second page.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I think that felony possession is a big deal.
    I couldn't agree more. Felony possession is an extremely big deal.. hence that comment in which I agreed with RUArmed about the consultation of a lawyer. Also that is the point of forming a trust/corporation/LLC (which one - depends upon the circumstances) in order to remain within the law.

But until Snert replies back, I'm done replying. We've derailed his thread enough.

(Montgomery County)

For understandable reasons: I'm going to side-step that question as I'd prefer not to comment on my current personal qualifications.
    actually, if yer offering legal advice, I'd like to know, i can see where you're posting from, and we do have an infraction for "armchair lawyering" ya know.

GL IS a lawyer, practicing firearms law for some years now.

so, how long have you been a member of the bar, and or how far along in law school, or are you what?
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Pike County)

OK Gents I'M back ..

As for the show , Sold my "little mule" AMT .380 backup2. Sold it for a small profit. Also bought a single point tac.sling, And a ISSC .22lr clone of a scar for my kids. will try to post some pics later in the pics section. My buddie who went with me picked up a great deal on a Luger in .380 in awsome condition.. Honestly the more I think of the Luger, the more envious I get that he found it first...But I know its in good safe keeping.

Now DVE and GunLawyer, can either please explain to me/us which you feel is best. But can you also give your reasons as to WHY you feel either one is best

DVE, I see you seem to feel that a trust is likley the way to go along with a few others. Now could you please post why YOU feel it is the better way to go. And why the LLC/Incorp. is NOT the way to go.

GunLawyer, I see you feel the TRUST may NOT be the way to go. Would you please post why you feel this way. Would you also post why you feel the LLC/Incorp. is a better way to go.

Now, for both DVE and Gunlawyer.. With which ever you feel is best route.. Say 10 years from now I am still alive, and decide to move to say Tennessee or Georgia or another NFA friendly state. What would be involved in doing so with a trust/llc/incorp??

I have not had a chance to look at the links provided in prior posts yet. As I just woke up a few minutes ago. We got home from the show last night around 7pm (wife was a bit peeved). And walked right back out the door to go have dinner.But I will check them out to gain more knowledge.

Now as for the online/legalzoom's/ Dot coms here is MY PERSONAL feeling. I prefer to stayaway from them, they cant answer questions that pertain directly to me and my situation, I feel they are warented in some cases, But not when it comes to avoiding a reservation in the gray bar hotel. I am looking to protect my assets/investments for my family and the future of my family to keep. Eventually I am going to die, I dont want my kids or wife to loose what I have aquired/invested . I want the firearms to be safe and secure with my family, I want it to be iron clad, no contest by any local LEO/DA/FED. I honestly dont feel that a computer program can provide that to me.

Lastly, I think this is kind like the Acog/aimpoint/eotec Vs. bushnell holosight conversations. On every post on that topic everyone says "I wouldnt trust my familys life on a cheap optic" . Or " In a SHTF moment, why trust a cheap optic that MIGHT or MIGHT not work". Well I do feel the same applies here.. This is a SHTF, life behind bars,or life of being financially broke from fighting of the Gov. in court situation.

Snert..

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    actually, if yer offering legal advice, I'd like to know, i can see where you're posting from, and we do have an infraction for "armchair lawyering" ya know.

GL IS a lawyer, practicing firearms law for some years now.

so, how long have you been a member of the bar, and or how far along in law school, or are you what?
    LOL....armchair lawyering
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    OK Gents I'M back ..

As for the show , Sold my "little mule" AMT .380 backup2. Sold it for a small profit. Also bought a single point tac.sling, And a ISSC .22lr clone of a scar for my kids. will try to post some pics later in the pics section. My buddie who went with me picked up a great deal on a Luger in .380 in awsome condition.. Honestly the more I think of the Luger, the more envious I get that he found it first...But I know its in good safe keeping.

Snert..
    Wow. Sound like it was a good day at the show. Do you know the make of the Luger? Was it a Beeman?

Also I sent you a PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123