Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Compact .45 Para Warthog

Was curious if anyone here owns a para warthog or at least has shot one. I've been looking into sizing down on my carry piece. Right now I carry a full size 1911 and I love it to death.....but with the coming spring I really wanna size down(excuse to buy a new gun)

On a side note I did try out the newish ATI FX Titan .45. I must say, at 500 dollars that gun really impressed me...so I'm kinda leaning between that or the para.

Default Re: Compact .45 Para Warthog

On another board I inquired about a Para and not one person had anything good to say about them. I have no first hand knowledge of them but the responses I got back very unfavorable.
    [SIGPIC]

(Franklin County)

I can't comment on that specific model, but I've had one of their LDA .45s (commander length) for almost two years now, and just purchased another LDA in 9mm (the 'Carry 9'), though I haven't picked it up yet.

I've been very happy with the .45, and really like the LDA trigger system. These factors led me to pick up the 9mm when I found one used at a good price.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lawrence County)

I hear a TON of mixed things about para in general. I have the G.I Expert. It took a little work but that gun runs fantastic. As for the LDA, I'm pretty sure the warthog is just the newer model of the LDA. Seems like a few things have changed since they became known as "para usa"
    How much do those LDA models chambered in .45 go for? I think I saw one in the marketplace for around $630ish.
    Last edited by Bturna; February 18th, 2011 at 04:21 AM.

(York County)

A friend loves Para's. He has the warthog and loves it, so much so that he's turned his brother into a Para fan as well.

There have been a few issues they've both had with mags with Paras, but replacing the mag release seemed to solve that.

(Monroe County)

The Warthog is not Paras most reliable Gun, they have been problematic from Day one.

Para makes some fantastic Guns but the Warthog is not one of them , if you want a small Para look into the Carry series.

I have 2 Paras and they have been Flawless since day one, The LTC is my favorite carry in .45 lightweight and accurate.

The LDA is a unique Para trigger mechanism it has nothing to do with the Warthog.

LDA means light double action, it is a sweet double action only trigger in a 1911, My Tac-S pictured here is a LDA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lawrence County)

That LTC is beautiful. I think I was just getting the LTC and LDA mixed up. I make and sell holsters at local gunshows, so I see and hear so many different models that I just get them all mixed up in my head. How long is the barrel on your LTC? I've been looking for a 1911 in a 3" frame.
    My father picked up the ATI Titan .45 and I must say, that thing really shocked me. a $500 compact 1911 that not only functioned well but shot accurate?? I'm about sold on one...but I'm still weighing out my options.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Compact .45 Para Warthog

Have you considered a double stack Llama Mini Max?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Have you considered a double stack Llama Mini Max?
    Ugh--my experience with Llama drove me to a Walther... The Llama I had was the biggest POS, and I did a happy dance when we sold it! It had two uses:
    1. Paperweight
    2. Projectile--not from the barrel, but the entire gun

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Compact .45 Para Warthog

Ive had paras 5in, never had an issue,fri i purchased a ATI Titan 3.13, just posted a range report.....every bit as good as a worthog at 1/3 the cost,almost as good as a kimber...(using bullets instead of stars)..8 bullets , kimber- 9 bullets-wort hog 8 bullets, any product from wilson or S&W 9.5-10 bullets , the bullet thing isn't copywrited so feel free.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast