Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Sign off in Luzerne County

Has anyone had any problems getting a signature for a suppressor in Luzerne county? I'm thinking of getting one and want to know if I'm going to run into any problems.

Thanks

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Sign off in Luzerne County

Stankus will not sign off unless he knows you or your LEO.

He is under the incorrect assumption that his sign off is some sort of character reference. He has been told that the sign off is exactly what it says on the form, verification that there are no local laws prohibiting ownership of the item.

But Stankus knows everything

Sovokinas takes office in January. Wait until then or else go to your town police chief.

(Luzerne County)

Bad news, Sovokinas wont sign mine. Either will the new DA. LOL i guess im going to have to make a trust. I heard the w-b police wont sihn either. Any other Ideas?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Bad news, Sovokinas wont sign mine. Either will the new DA. LOL i guess im going to have to make a trust. I heard the w-b police wont sihn either. Any other Ideas?
    did he give a reason why?

(Luzerne County)

Please give us the details on your sign off request / adventure.....

I would like to get see this corrected.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

Well first the sheriff wanted to check with county solicitor on the law, then he callled me back saying that he didnt have to sign it and it was his choice not to. I asked for a letter stating why he wouldnt sign to sent to atf. He refused. I walked over to the new DA's office and the secretary said they dont sign them, I said I need a chief law inforcement officer, and shes the highest one in the county. She said no, but go talk to the county detective. I asked to see the chief county detective and he almost had a heart attack. He refused to sign or write a letter saying why. So Im going to make a trust on willmaker tomorrow and just put the suppressor in the trust. You dont need anyone to sign with a trust.
    A couple of my friends talked to the sheriff before he was elected, and he said no problem Ill sign class 3. Now hes in office and he changed his mind. Hopefully he will only be in offfice for the next 2 years. God knows I wont vote for him again.
    Last edited by jobob; January 11th, 2008 at 09:41 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I will definitely keep every one posted... since we are planning to go C3 in July and I want to make sure my customers can get sign offs without hassel....I will give him a month or two to get settled then stop in to see him.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedArms View Post
    I will definitely keep every one posted... since we are planning to go C3 in July and I want to make sure my customers can get sign offs without hassel....I will give him a month or two to get settled then stop in to see him.

i hope he just needs time to settle in, but it sounds like he might have been saying things just to get elected.

(Luzerne County)

I hope so, but I think he was just saying it to get elected. Make sure you go in the morning, cause it took 3 trips to get to talk to him. Everytime I went he wasnt in.
    Last edited by jobob; January 12th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Well first the sheriff wanted to check with county solicitor on the law, then he callled me back saying that he didn't have to sign it and it was his choice not to. I asked for a letter stating why he wouldnt sign to sent to atf. He refused. I walked over to the new DA's office and the secretary said they dont sign them, I said I need a chief law inforcement officer, and shes the highest one in the county. She said no, but go talk to the county detective. I asked to see the chief county detective and he almost had a heart attack. He refused to sign or write a letter saying why. So Im going to make a trust on willmaker tomorrow and just put the suppressor in the trust. You dont need anyone to sign with a trust.
    A couple of my friends talked to the sheriff before he was elected, and he said no problem Ill sign class 3. Now hes in office and he changed his mind. Hopefully he will only be in offfice for the next 2 years. God knows I wont vote for him again.
    I have followed your post originally when you stated when he was campaigning he agrees to sign C3's and I have been intently waiting to see what your results were going to be and I am not at all surprised.

His campaign adds and attacks on having a second job were enough to know he was full of crap but he used these tactics to get what he wanted. Sad part is the man who ran his campaign is a friend of mine and that is Ex- Sheriff Carl Zawatski hence the pay back with political appointment of Carl.

I have dealt with he and his family long enough to know you cant trust one word that comes out of their mouth. I was wishful we in Luzerne County were going to get better than a Stankus but I am very disturbed that we now have worse that what Stankus was.

Hey it's Luzerne County what can you expect if we didn't have corruption in the county courthouse we could no longer call it Luzerne County.

This is one reason I found it refreshing to see the Judge from Franklin County in action. No BS he called it the way it was he said I may not agree with the law but I am not legislative, I am Judicial and I find according to the law (this is paraphrasing)

In Luzerne County you get one of the following: He who passes the largest envelope or something based on personal opinion or agenda.

Time for our new sheriff to show he has balls and do what he said while running his campaign and that was "change in the sheriff's office"

I urge every luzerne county resident registered here on this board to write Mr. Savokinis a letter telling him he needs to grow a pair and do what he promised.
    People of Luzerne County need to let him know his youth and lack of reasonable judgment is nothing residents will tolerate. He said he would be a real Sheriff and noting less that that so now he hides behind the solicitor and to boot he will not put into writing his denial of sign off. What kind of man it this?

Sorry to be so hard but all I am doing is being frank. I think people around here know I am not the sort to create trouble but when it comes to Savokinis it touches a nerve and I will tell you why. I have done work for his father who has failed to pay for services( in their family run pizza restaurant) and I intend to file against him. It will be interesting to see should I win (and I see no reason I wont) if his son will end up filing a writ of execution on his father.

Here is an article for those who know about Savokinis using the previous sheriff's second job as a campaign strategy.
    http://www.timesleader.com/news/2008...f_jen_ART.html
    Last edited by CCinPA; January 12th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast