Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Delaware county field and stream...need sponsors

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some people who are members of the Delaware county field and stream. I am a long time resident of the area and would like to become a member. In order to do this, I will need the endorsment of two current members. If anyone is willing to support me in the application process I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to consider my request.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware county field and stream...need sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by freeeire1916 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some people who are members of the Delaware county field and stream. I am a long time resident of the area and would like to become a member. In order to do this, I will need the endorsment of two current members. If anyone is willing to support me in the application process I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to consider my request.

I am a member there. I'll be glad to help ya. However this is what I did. Take the Sunday noon required tour of the place. During that tour I got my sponsors just by talking with members while on the tour, got my officers signatures too. Short of that just go and hang out, the people there are very friendly. You'll have your sigs in no time.

There's a chance I may be shooting some table trap tomorrow afternoon with my wife, stop by and introduce yourself.

PM me with any questions.

Bill

(Delaware County)

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the quick reply; I appreciate the support. I haven't done a whole lot of research on this and was unaware I could just gain edorsments on site. I can't make it over there tomorrow but I really do appreciate the offer. I will get over there a day next week to get the application and see about taking the tour. If its ok with you, I'll keep this message handy and get in touch with you after I do my part in getting things rolling.

Its gonna be a perfect day to get out so I wish you and your wife a great day of shooting.

(Delaware County)

The required tour is Sunday afternoon around 12:30. Go into the club house and talk to the girl in the office, she's very helpful.

(Delaware County)

Hello,
    I used to be a member of Delaware County Field and Stream about 20 years ago, but I let my membership lapse. At the time, I really enjoyed going to the archery and also to the muzzle loader range. I'm retired now and finally have the time to really take advantage of the rifle range, but I also do not know any current members. Would anyone be willing to sponsor me? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
    Hello,
    I used to be a member of Delaware County Field and Stream about 20 years ago, but I let my membership lapse. At the time, I really enjoyed going to the archery and also to the muzzle loader range. I'm retired now and finally have the time to really take advantage of the rifle range, but I also do not know any current members. Would anyone be willing to sponsor me? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
    Go to the office pick up the application and start the process, while there chat with some of the folks there in the clubhouse. Getting the signatures shouldn't be that hard to do.

(Delaware County)

If you have any problems getting the signatures at the clubhouse on the Sunday you take the required tour I'd be surprised. That being said, I don't have a problem sponsoring you. If the need arises P.M me, I'm in Prospect Park.

(Delaware County)

I appreciate your offer and will contact you if need be. I'll pick up an application probably tomorrow and try to get some signatures, and take the Sunday tour. I just didn't want to pay the fee if I wasn't reasonably certain I could get signatures. Thank you.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the advice. Are the tours every Sunday?

(Delaware County)

I appreciate your offer and will contact you if need be. I'll pick up an application probably tomorrow and try to get some signatures, and take the Sunday tour. I just didn't want to pay the fee if I wasn't reasonably certain I could get signatures. Thank you.
    You'll have a better chance on the weekend when more people are at the range.

Thanks for the advice. Are the tours every Sunday?
    The "tour" is actually an orientation walk through of the entire club and ranges. You have to schedule a Sunday in advance as there is normally a waiting list for the tour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast