Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SCAR?

(Butler County)

Default SCAR?

Anyone have a SCAR 16 or 17?
    All the usual questions, How do you like it? Is it accurate? ect. ect.
    I'd like to get one if I can swing the high price.

Default Re: SCAR?

I can't tell you if it's worth the cost. That depends on how expensive the rifle is to you. I can say for me it was worth it. I had wanted one for a couple years so it was worth it for me.

There are some drawbacks. The reciprocating charging handle can smash your thumbs and make mounting optics an issue.

(Bucks County)

i have a SCAR17 and NO i don't believe the rifle is worth in excess of 2500 dollars but that is the price of admission if you want one. prices are trending downward and the cheapest i've seen was 2700 OTD which is what i paid for mine. i don't have a whole lot of rounds fired but so far the rifle has been 100% reliable and very accurate. i've only been able to shoot indoors at 25 yards but every shot was in the 10 ring and you could cover them with a half dollar. from what i've read from others that have shot the SCAR at 100 yds and beyond accuracy is great for a battle rifle. there's some good information on FNFORUM.com, ar15.com and m4carbine.com in reference to the SCAR so you might try asking your question on one of those boards.

the SCAR 17 flash hider/muzzle break does an exceptional job at taming recoil and in my opinion recoil is equivilent to 5.56 or less. it's amazing how soft shooting the SCAR 17 is and even more amazing when you consider the rifle only weighs about 8 lbs. the sites are also top notch but the rear site looks a little weird but does it's job. the forn'rear sites both flip down and you can use any number of optics with the gun.

i like my SCAR17 and although i wish i could have bought it for less i'm 100% satisfied with it and have no regrets buying one. once i recover financially i'd like to eventually buy a SCAR 16 to complete my collection. the SCAR 16 is starting to bottom out between 2000 and 2200 dollars so one might be in my future soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wellcraft; February 15th, 2011 at 06:31 PM.

(Butler County)

Thanks for the reply. The high price is what's stopping me.I didn't pay that much for my truck.

(Pike County)

anyone looking to sell their SCAR 17?? i have cash on hand!

(Chester County)

There was a semi-private group buy for the SCAR 16 for $1900 recently on another site.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    There was a semi-private group buy for the SCAR 16 for $1900 recently on another site.
    how do i find the site?? any help is appreciated.