Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Yugo M70 AK-47 problems

Quote Originally Posted by elray View Post
    next time,maybe dont buy century arms....how they can fuck up an great gun is beyond me.....
    It astounds me that they can fuck up a gun that can be reliably built using hand tools by some cave-dwelling afghan in the khyber pass.

(Monroe County)

The Century yugo AK's are great guns, I do not think anything is wrong with that Gun per-se, .

There is not enough recoil force to cycle the action, since you have already changed out the main spring that leaves 2 other things, (1) Is the Grenade launcher completely closed off/ If it is leaking Gas pressure you will have the problems you are having, make sure the grenade sight is flush with the top of the barrel in the completely closed position, fire a round and check for signs of leakage, smoke soot etc at the gas port/grenade sight.

(2) Remove the Gas tube and clean it and the Piston/rod if it is gunked up with old cosmoline etc. you will have the problems you are having.

Are you using the plastic magazines that came with it? TRy some real AK mags in it.

Bad mouthing Century wont fix your gun, it takes knowledge and experience, in fact the Century Yugo AK's are not built by Century they are contracted out to another company , look on the bottom of your action forward of the mag well the name of the real builder is stamped there.

Remember, knowledge and experience, everything else is Bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by elray View Post
    <snip>

your problem is with century arms,period. keep calling them till you get a rma,and send it in.95% of the time they will make it right.

<snip>

next time,maybe dont buy century arms....how they can fuck up an
    great gun is beyond me.....
    Century needs to be called on the carpet for the repairs, period. They will eventually respond.

E-mail their cust svc and call; and both times be polite and professional. Keeps the kitchen-staff from spitting in your food that way...

And always keep in mind that Cent Arms is the Maronda Homes of guns; they job out their build-work to the lowest possible bidders. Which means even with good, basic parts - they WILL/CAN still eff it up.

NoDak/Dan Coonan Ind probably made the M70 recvr; someone else refurbed the mix-master Yugo parts and riveted it all together.

Some of the Cent builders will stand up and make "it" right - like Wiselight with their Sterlings, some will deny and run, like Allied Armament does with their C93s.

Likely a poorly re-furbed gas valve after years of shooting villagers with that corrosive Yugo shit in their civil war, a familiar problem with the Yugo SKS as well.

Ok so first things first,

Ken called me back so he's clear in my book. He just told me to ship it to century. I was like "thanks dude".

Obviously the mag and ammo routine was the first thing I tried. It does this with all five mags I have, and multiple different types of ammo.

I know the owner of Wolff springs so I already had them put all new springs in it.

I was also figuring it was a gas issue. i know they pack these things with cosmaline, so there could be some clogging up the gas system, but i'm no gunsmith so i don't know how to get to the gas-block to try to open it up. i'm just gunna try spraying with a f-ing compressor to knock any crap outta there.

im still just pissed that im gunna have to ship it to century and that i spent 500 on a gun that dosent f-ing work.
    Swear to god I'd never shoot, unless I'm shootin' to kill

(Armstrong County)

I have never messed with an M70, but i will assume it comes apart like any other AK.

Take off the top cover, remove the bolt/piston assembly. On the right side of the rear sight, there is a small lever. Moving this lever up will un-lock the upper hand guard and allow it to be removed. It is kind of a cam, look in front of the rear sight and you will see a flat spot on the "cam". Align the flat vertically spot so the hand guard can be removed. Once the guard is off you should have pretty good access to the gas port. Use some gun solvent in the gas system to clean it. Maybe even some break cleaner, but what out on your finish.

see link, about 2.30 into video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i0gQ...eature=related

I would try this before sending it to Century.
    Last edited by Nate7667; February 17th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Cosmoline melts at 130 degrees. Water boils at 212. Dip the stripped front down end of your AK up to its gas block into a pot of boiling water and any troubles should run right out the end of the muzzle, if that's what ails it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vin View Post
    I have a Yugo M70 that i bought from some guy named Ken Koch at the VF gunshow in june 2010. Ever since i bought this gun it has been a nightmare of problems. the rounds fires but the empty case doesn't clear the ejection port. Next live round strips off the magazine末-sometimes the empty is stove piped, sometimes it's up above the live round. Either way, it jams up pretty tight末-usually requires removing the magazine to clear.

I replaced the recoil spring and the ejector spring and with no improvements.

it seems to jam randomly on every fourth or fifth round.

I called Ken koch who i bought it from and he wont call me back. typical, and century arms wont respond to me.

any help please.
    In your original post you said it seem to jam on every 4th or 5th round- are you sure the Grenade sight/gas shuttoff is coming loose with recoil? THe recoil from the 4 or 5 rounds opening up the gas cutoff? Tape down the Grenade sight to the barrel , shoot it and see if it still jams, ?

Nyman

tested the gas block, i have plenty of air flow.

disassembled the entire gun and cleaned it and it still jammed.

Shipping it back to centery tomorrow, end of story, im done wasting my time. gunna let those monkeys f with it until its right.
    Swear to god I'd never shoot, unless I'm shootin' to kill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12