Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default SigSauer P220 Carry Elite

I bought this Sig new about a month ago and have run about 250 rounds through it. The last range day I noticed a gulled scratch down the right top edge of the frame rail. Yes I use grease even though Sig recommends oil. I have read about aluminum frames and rubbing; however, this is not a rub but a gulled rough scratch about 1.5 inches long - it is far from smooth. I have contacted Sig and they stated to send them pictures. I also read on this forum that they tend to dismiss rail damage as "normal wear". For what I paid for this weapon you would think wear would take some time. This gulling is down to the aluminum, this is clear to see in the inclosed pictures. Should I not waste my time sending this in and bring it to a gunsmith? I am thinking this is from a bur on the inside rail of the slide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: SigSauer P220 Carry Elite

Quote Originally Posted by BakerSig View Post
    I am thinking this is from a bur on the inside rail of the slide.
    From the pics, that's what it looks like. Can you see or feel any rough marks on the rail? Will Sig fix it? I dunno.

My 220 is 3 yrs old, with maybe 5000 rounds thru it & mine doesn't even have rub marks on it. I do tend to use a lot of grease on my Sig rails though.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: SigSauer P220 Carry Elite

The double action Sigs seem to have gone down in quality. What a shame to ruin the reputation of such a nice gun ! They were so much better when they were tied in with Mauser. Even Walther has lost it's prestige, the only gun that still has some is the PP/PPK. When they dropped the P-38 and then the P-5 that was the end of a great era.
    S&W took them over and they went to shit ! It goes to prove, the Germans care about making quality, the Americans it's making money . {Im not knocking American workers but the Big Corporations who are destroying the country !}
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !