Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Transporting pistol to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by boli View Post
    I do have a LTCF for PA, but I know that Ohio is not reciprocal with PA.
    You would think they would honor each others ?
    I guess long ago many Ohioans were PA renegades who disagreed with PA state law, thus was born Ohio !

Just Kidding ! If that were the case they probably defected from Philadelphia !

Seriously it probably has to do with gun control and the amount of people in the state carring guns. If Ohio and Penn. had recipriocity that would mean more folks with guns in Ohio than they already have, beings the two states are adjacent. Same in PA. If you look on the map of Reciprocal carry states, notice they aren't real close to one another. This is a shot in the dark but it may be true to some extent.
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    You would think they would honor each others ?
    I guess long ago many Ohioans were PA renegades who disagreed with PA state law, thus was born Ohio !

Just Kidding ! If that were the case they probably defected from Philadelphia !

Seriously it probably has to do with gun control and the amount of people in the state carrying guns. If Ohio and Penn. had reciprocity that would mean more folks with guns in Ohio than they already have, beings the two states are adjacent. Same in PA. If you look on the map of Reciprocal carry states, notice they aren't real close to one another. This is a shot in the dark but it may be true to some extent.
    We can pretend it doesn't matter, but the real reason is that Ohio has a 12-hour training requirement and doesn't consider our requirement (none) to be "substantially similar" to theirs. Like several other states.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    If you look on the map of Reciprocal carry states, notice they aren't real close to one another. This is a shot in the dark but it may be true to some extent.
    That's funny; Ohio and Indiana, Ohio and Michigan, and Ohio and Kentucky are "close" enough that you can stand with a foot in either state simultaneously.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12