Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Home Sweet Home (Erie)

My wife and I are moving back to our home town of Erie PA from the upstate of South Carolina. Yes to Erie PA with all it’s snow and rain, and cloudy sky’s, and no we are not crazy. All of our family live in Erie and it’s just home. Let me tell you what I took for granted when I lived in Erie. When I wanted to check out new or used guns and talk to people who knew what they were talking about I’d go to Bob’s indoor range or a number of other great Gun Shops. If I wanted to break in a new shotgun or hand gun I might go to the Game Lands or Gem City gun club. In the upstate of SC if you are looking for a new or used gun you go to three or four Pawn shops in the area. If you ever bought a gun at a Pawn shop you better know what your looking for and all about that weapon. Don’t expect them to answer your questions. If you want to pick up a box of self defense ammunition for your carry weapon you are going to have to order it on line or you buy what ever they might have on their shelf at the time which is usually one or two different brands. There is one very nice indoor range in the upstate, but be prepared to be nickel and dime to death. Example, they charge you $10 to shoot, not bad, but they will charge you more if you bring your own ammunition. They also have two prices for their ammunition, one if you shoot it there and another if you take it home. But when I stopped going was when I was purchasing a Remington 870 Tactical shotgun, I pulled out my Visa card and was informed I would have to pay 3% more if I used a credit card. I could go on and on. Sorry for unloading like this, I guess I just miss Erie, Home Sweet Home.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Home Sweet Home (Erie)

I hear Ya ! I live in Philly and want to move up to Bradford because of the gun freedoms there and also because of the significantly lower crime rate than Philty .
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    I hear Ya ! I live in Philly and want to move up to Bradford because of the gun freedoms there and also because of the significantly lower crime rate than Philty .
    Bradford or Bradford county?

Can't imagine why anyone would want to move to Bradford city.
    FUCK BIDEN

40Calman I hope all works out well for you. The grass is always greener you know.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Bradford or Bradford county?

Can't imagine why anyone would want to move to Bradford city.
    Unless you collect Zippo's.

(Warren County)

Welcome Home Neighbor.

I am originally from Olean NY but after 15 years living in South Georgia I moved back to the area. I settled in Warren and love it although this year we have been just pounded with snow and frigid temps.

Glad your coming home, sure would love to make it up to that indoor range sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Unless you collect Zippo's.

http://www.zippo.com/Products/index.aspx
    FUCK BIDEN

(Warren County)

Erie, home to Presque Isle, the mall, crooks with exploding neck jewelry... LOL remember it well, grew up near Warren before I left for the Air Force... welcome home!

Quote Originally Posted by 40calman View Post
    My wife and I are moving back to our home town of Erie PA from the upstate of South Carolina. Yes to Erie PA with all it’s snow and rain, and cloudy sky’s, and no we are not crazy. All of our family live in Erie and it’s just home. Let me tell you what I took for granted when I lived in Erie. When I wanted to check out new or used guns and talk to people who knew what they were talking about I’d go to Bob’s indoor range or a number of other great Gun Shops. If I wanted to break in a new shotgun or hand gun I might go to the Game Lands or Gem City gun club. In the upstate of SC if you are looking for a new or used gun you go to three or four Pawn shops in the area. If you ever bought a gun at a Pawn shop you better know what your looking for and all about that weapon. Don’t expect them to answer your questions. If you want to pick up a box of self defense ammunition for your carry weapon you are going to have to order it on line or you buy what ever they might have on their shelf at the time which is usually one or two different brands. There is one very nice indoor range in the upstate, but be prepared to be nickel and dime to death. Example, they charge you $10 to shoot, not bad, but they will charge you more if you bring your own ammunition. They also have two prices for their ammunition, one if you shoot it there and another if you take it home. But when I stopped going was when I was purchasing a Remington 870 Tactical shotgun, I pulled out my Visa card and was informed I would have to pay 3% more if I used a credit card. I could go on and on. Sorry for unloading like this, I guess I just miss Erie, Home Sweet Home.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    40Calman I hope all works out well for you. The grass is always greener you know.
    God's Country, I ran the God's Country marathon twice. Stayed at the Potato City Motel at the top of Denton Hill.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkyser View Post
    Welcome Home Neighbor.

I am originally from Olean NY but after 15 years living in South Georgia I moved back to the area. I settled in Warren and love it although this year we have been just pounded with snow and frigid temps.

Glad your coming home, sure would love to make it up to that indoor range sometime.
    I participated in the Kinzua Dam bicycle road race called the Kwik Fill Kinzua Classic. A lot of memories are coming back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast