Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: No-Knock Warrants

There is virtually no justification for a no-knock invasion in 99% of cases where they are used. The ONLY purpose is so cops can project an image of raw, unstoppable power to the public. The purpose is to instill fear and obedience into most people.

Think about it. Even if you are trying to apprehend a known dangerous subject, why not monitor, observe, and Tase him when he steps out in public, if someone is really, truly that dangerous? You think it's really that hard to catch a person unawares? And if it's about seizing evidence before it gets flushed, well how weak of a case are you building if it all depends on successfully nabbing a few handfuls of junk in a single location in a single instance?

Tac-team invasions should be strictly limited, with strong records, reporting, and accountability. Today, there is none of any of that. Google Cheye Calvo. It can happen anywhere, to anyone. No one is safe.
    Last edited by BSH; February 14th, 2011 at 11:03 PM.

This one always makes me angry.

I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    If someone comes busting in my door without knocking, I will grab the nearest gun and start shooting, because I did not do anything to warrant entrance of police personnel, so I will assume you are suspects trying to B&E. This is one of the risks of entering un-announced. I don't know if you are police, or murderers (or both... but I digress). But on the other hand, if you have a known suspect in a home, announcing your presence isn't the smartest idea, as it tips them off...

So, I don't know... if they get the right house, it may not be bad. If you get the wrong house, it could be a huge CF...
    This has happened. They used false info, busted in someones house and that person fired and they killed them.

These should never be used

(Bucks County)

I like the Wilson Good approach of forget the warrant and just drop a big bomb on the house... That has more style to it.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Jefferson County)

There is a reason why besieging was used. You starved your opponent out to save the losses of your soldiers and the innocents on both sides. It can still be used today.

Phuck storming in with no-knocks!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

this is terrible. why don't they start apprehending suspects during the day time in public? wouldn't it be MUCH safer?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I know what you're saying, but if you think about it, we as citizens are some how held to a higher standard when defending ourselves than the paid professionals are.
    Kind of reminds you of, "But there are too many laws for the police to know... but NOT for YOU to know!", doesn't it?
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    That's a load of crap. The onus is on the department that asks the judge for the warrant in the first place.
    Back during Waco, a BATF agent went on the radio here to claim that a judge FORCED a warrant on THEM. So many people called in to call her a liar and a fool, that the switchboard practically burst into flames, and no BATF rep EVER called in live again.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234