Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: No-Knock Warrants

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The fourth doesn’t say the right to be safe in your home from unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated unless the gov. thinks you’re a scumbag. The fourth is supposed to guarantee that right regardless, and any issued warrants must be executed accordingly.
    But then it will be harder for them to violate the 5th and seize your property and sell it without a trial finding you guilty after they find a pot seed if they can't violate the 4th first.

What can you do to your home to protect your family from these criminals with a badge? I'm looking for anything legal that would slow, deter, or repel their attack.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
    What can you do to your home to protect your family from these criminals with a badge? I'm looking for anything legal that would slow, deter, or repel their attack.
    I said it in another thread lastnight. Harden your entry points without making it obvious they're hardened. That includes the hinge side of the door as well as the lock side. If need be, create a safe room in your home that you can get to while they're pounding on the doors trying to get in. It's sad that one would need to go through the expense and trouble of doing it, but it's probably the only way.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    . But the police are allowed to shoot and get away with it, because they're professionals.
    its because they are special and their first priority is to go home at night.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    their first priority is to go home at night.
    And if you're already home at night, with your family, asleep, when someone comes busting in the door...what's your first priority? What if you aren't special?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    What if you aren't special?
    ...You're more than likely out of luck. But hey, look at the bright side, you'll probably make the front page of your local newspaper the next day.

III%

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    ...You're more than likely out of luck. But hey, look at the bright side, you'll probably make the front page of your local newspaper the next day.

...and the subject of a thread on PAFOA as well, but don't worry, we'll give you positive rep.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Franklin County)

In a perfect "law enforcement vs. criminal" world, where there are no mistakes, Im all for these entries.
    This is not a perfect world, mistakes are made. There have been cases where the wrong residence has been entered, innocent people killed, ect.
    I think there are better and safer ways to accomplish the task.

(Blair County)

If somebody kicks my door in at any time day or night regardless of who or what they claim to be I'm probably going to meet force with force. Any asshole can break your door in and claim he's the police. In that situation you'll barely have enough time to repel an attack...let alone distinguish your target. If someone enters my residence by force that's an act of aggression and an immediate threat to my life and everyone else's in the household. I'm sure if they did 'accidentally' kill myself or someone else it would be written off as collateral damage or whatever the legal term for that is. God forbid if I engaged a police officer who 'forgot' to ID himself...I'm sure that's happened before. This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan...we're talking about engaging American Citizen's in their own homes...whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They say it's for officer safety...those officers knew what they were signing up for...
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Montgomery County)

Bill Johnson, executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, says the onus for the increase in no-knock cases is on the judges who authorize such warrants.
    That's a load of crap. The onus is on the department that asks the judge for the warrant in the first place.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast