Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Thanks to Everyone who Recommended Tanner's ...

Add me to the list of people who will be recommending Tanner's to others in the future.

My experience: I finally had a chance to drive up there this past Saturday. They were so busy the parking lot was full (which I'm finding to be the case more and more often at every PA gun store I visit) and I had to actually park next door behind the dry cleaner and walk over. Despite being that busy, I didn't have to wait to get help. In fact, I asked the gentlemen helping me and he told me they had 8 people working at that moment, which is quite a lot of staff for a store that size.

In any event, I went in there looking to check out 2 guns in particular. One was a Kimber I have been having trouble finding in stock anywhere in the area (and a 4-6 month wait at my range/dealer), the other was an FNH (the Five Seven) that is also in relatively high demand (and sold out at a couple of local places recently). I was surprised to learn that Tanner's had one of the Kimbers and that they would let me put it on lawaway/hold for up to 30 days for as little as $50 down. The price was also the lowest I have seen on the gun, and thus locking it up on the lawaway plan was a no brainer. (BTW, for anyone looking for another hard to find Kimber -- the Ultra Covert Carry -- they have one of those too!)

On the Five Seven, they had them priced at $899! For those of you who have looked at this gun, you know that price is WELL below anyone else in the area. In fact, the cheapest I had previously seen was $1069 in Lancaster. Finally, they were also selling several EAA Witness 9MM they got in a special purchase for $299 until they sell out. That's $50 below standard dealer cost.

Needless to say, given the selection (which is probably as good as I've seen in the shops in the area), the service and the pricing (wow, the pricing!), I was very pleased with Tanner's.

Thanks again to those who recommended them -- It seems I've found my new local gun dealer.

Default Re: Thanks to Everyone who Recommended Tanner's ...

Tanner's has to be one of the greatest local shops I've ever been to. Personalized service and employees that really care about helping the customer. I love going to them for anything (gun related) that I need.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Thanks to Everyone who Recommended Tanner's ...

Did you get a chance to stop into Clayton's? You really owe it to yourself, just so that you can say you have seen a great shop AND a lousy shop!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Did you get a chance to stop into Clayton's? You really owe it to yourself, just so that you can say you have seen a great shop AND a lousy shop!
    I agree with this^^^^^^
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

What's wrong with Clayton's? Never been in there so I'm curious. It cannot be any worse than Target World. That place is terrible.

(Bucks County)

Bad attitudes, bad service, fat disgusting puke that runs/owns the joint is always giving somebody a bad time, if you ain't LEO you are second class customer. He gave my wife a hard time about 20 years ago. She has since bought me about 15 guns from Tanners.

(Bucks County)

I have never had any problems at the following shops.

Surplus city
    Prefer classic pistol
    Tanners for hunting rifles and some pistols
    Claytons for ammo and specialized equipment
    Abington gun shop has great guys.

To me each has a speciality. CP is my spot. Then I go other places.

Claytons has always been good to me.

Bad attitudes, bad service, fat disgusting puke that runs/owns the joint is always giving somebody a bad time, if you ain't LEO you are second class customer. He gave my wife a hard time about 20 years ago. She has since bought me about 15 guns from Tanners.
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I know they just opened a new range over there in Clayton's so I was thinking it might be a closer spot for me instead of my favorite (Classic Pistol).

Classic Pistol is still the best by far with regards to indoor ranges IMO.