Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Corrupting Todays Youth...

Was at a friends house last night, small get-together with maybe a dozen people. I'm sitting on a comfy chair in the corner just hanging out, nursing my 1 beer (yeah, yeah "Don't drink & carry"--one beer over the course of 3 hours does not constitute drinking) and watching people...it's kinda what I do. A kid that I've met once before asks me if I can pass him the ashtray and when I stand up he spots the .45 on my hip.

"Hey, whaddya have there?"
    "Nothing." (knowing wink)
    "Hey, I'm turning 21 in a couple of weeks, I'm already planning on getting my carry permit that day...could you recommend a good first pistol?"

We had a good 20 minute conversation about carrying, legalities & responsiblity, general gun-chat, etc. He had obviously already been doing his research, he had most of the info already down...good for him. I pulled a flyer out of my backpack and gave it to him, told him that any info he could possibly want could be found here. All in all, a good night.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Corrupting Todays Youth...

Good job educating our youth that cops aren't the only ones who are able to carry guns. There are too many movies and video games that skew reality. This is one of the most important reasons to OC in my opinion. If more people carried openly, it would help to relieve the anxiety firearms put on our local communities. Our youth should see us as role models. If we don't do our part to educate them, the 2nd amendment and our right to bear arms will be lost in history. So much of our past has been lost. We have Facebook at the dinner table for gosh sake. Just look around you next time you go out to eat.

I look at responsible gun ownership as a way to prepare our youth for the difficult road ahead of them. Their cell phones, video games, and ipads won't be of any use to them if they need to defend our Constitution or fellow neighbor from events our history has proven is possible.

Good job.

Thank you for doing your part to improve the safety of Pennsylvania by encouraging the youths to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
    yeah, yeah "Don't drink & carry"
    On the contrary, you are at your most vulnerable while drinking. As long as you can be responsible while drinking, I advise everyone to carry.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Monroe County)

Good job helping one more to defend themselves. I also carry while I drink, I just don't get stinking drunk if carrying.

(Clinton County)

Good job on educating.

We must continue to corrupt the youth of today like you did.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; February 15th, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Montgomery County)

Good job `51!! Kids need more "corrupting" like this!!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
    "Hey, I'm turning 21 in a couple of weeks, I'm already planning on getting my carry permit
    I hope you response started with "It's License to carry firearms" :
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

I remember growing up I would feel awkward if I saw someone openly carrying a firearm, but as I grew I grew to love things that go "Bang".

If I open carry and someone wants to start a civil conversation about it with me great, If they wanna be like the walmart "I'm a cop in Florida", Then they will most likely get a non civil response.

Glad to see that someone is puttin the right ideas in kids heads these days, thats a hell of a lot more then these damn public schools EVER did for me.

(Lancaster County)

Kids need something good to aspire to these days. Good job.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent