Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum

(Berks County)

Default New to Forum

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as a new member. I Live in Mt. Penn and will be looking forward to joining a gun club as this weather finally breaks. Does anybody have a recommendation for a gun club? I am looking to shoot handguns and my AR-15 on a 50 or 100 yard range. I am currently a member at Stony Creek but would love to belong to a club.

Thanks
    Steve

(Berks County)

Default Re: New to Forum

I've heard good things about Daniel Boone Rod and Gun Club. They are in the Mt Penn area and seem pretty active. I just became a member recently but ice and snow has kept me and my small sedan away from checking it out first hand.

(Berks County)

Oley is a great club as well and close by.

(Berks County)

Thanks guys I will look into them both. Daniel Boone is approximately 1 mile from my house, that is great. WWhite did you have to be sponsored? and if so how did you go about finding somebody to sponsor you? How about the fees?

Thanks
    Steve

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by saturnx View Post
    Thanks guys I will look into them both. Daniel Boone is approximately 1 mile from my house, that is great. WWhite did you have to be sponsored? and if so how did you go about finding somebody to sponsor you? How about the fees?

Thanks
    Steve
    The application asks for a sponsor/reference. I had a lot of trouble finding someone to sponsor me. I almost considered it a lost cause but coincidentally found out that one of the guys I work with has been a member for years, he just doesn't go to the club often.

I think the first years membership was $50.00(The bulk of that cost being used for a digital key card to open the gate). From memory, the cost per year, after the first year, is very reasonable at something like $15.00. There are add-ons to the basic membership if you would like to use their indoor archery range and go fishing on the property, but I don't know much about how those work.

The club is open on Wednesday nights for indoor archery (guy from work mentioned it earlier this week). That would be a good time to check out the club and talk to some of the members.

(Berks County)

I checked out Daniel Boone and decided to fill out the paper work and mail the check. I was told it would take 2 months for a reply. I am looking forward to being a member.

Oley is good and close, I'd be happy to show you around up there sometime. Also, Stony Creek Outfitters is nice, indoors, and local.

If you shoot competitively (or would like to find out about it), shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up. I compete from here, to Topton, to York and some places in between.

(Berks County)

Just don't let stevesterno drive you to any of the competitions. Pagoda240 rode with him once and hasn't been right since. Always mumbles something about "touching his bathing suit zone" and then runs to the corner and cries while sucking his thumb hahahahaha.

(Berks County)

I try to get to Stonycreek once a week to shoot. The guys there are good people and always very friendly. I am hoping Daniel Boon is the same. It would be nice to get to know some new faces outside of where I work.
    I am not to sure about competing with my firearms but once I get settled in and shoot some more I am sure I would be interested.

Thanks

(Berks County)

Daniel Boone has cashed my check but I am still waiting for my membership card or some sort of reply. I suppose in the mean time I will look for a different club. I think this lengthy wait is unnecessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast