Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Values?

(Warren County)

Default Kimber Values?

I have a couple Kimber Pistols I have never shot yet, purchased last year but have been in the gun safe.

I am either going to go shoot a lot of rounds through them or sell them.

I have had Kimbers in the past, very accurate and were great guns. I also have glocks and never had any issues with those either.

The pistols I have are.

Kimber Custom Covert II
    Kimber Pro CDP II

I did carry the Pro CDP II one time, not as much for self defense, but to see if I could carry a 1911 comfortable. I did have a full mag in it, just nothing in the chamber.

I usually trade at my dealer but would like to have at least an idea of what I can expect to be offered.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kimber Values?

Quote Originally Posted by dkyser View Post
    I have a couple Kimber Pistols I have never shot yet, purchased last year but have been in the gun safe.

I am either going to go shoot a lot of rounds through them or sell them.

I have had Kimbers in the past, very accurate and were great guns. I also have glocks and never had any issues with those either.

The pistols I have are.

Kimber Custom Covert II
    Kimber Pro CDP II

I did carry the Pro CDP II one time, not as much for self defense, but to see if I could carry a 1911 comfortable. I did have a full mag in it, just nothing in the chamber.

I usually trade at my dealer but would like to have at least an idea of what I can expect to be offered.

On a trade you can expect (depending on the dealer and if your getting cash or store credit) anywhere from 50%-60% of what the gun sells for now.

Ofcourse the % can change. If its a very common gun and/or the dealer has been sitting on a few used ones for a while, he may only offer you 30%-40% if anything at all.

On the flipside, if it's a rare gun that flys off the shelf and you play your cards right you may be able to get 60%-70%. Hell I have heard of dealers giving up to 100% if your putting the store credit towards a major/large purchase at the same store. . . .

There's really no wrong value. The dealer will offer whatever. It's up to you to decide if the offer works for you.

(Warren County)

Thanks, and I know my dealer sells them online, rarely does he put them on the shelf for resale.

I have to say what has got me considering selling them rather than break them in is all the negative reviews I read.

I do realize there are more Kimbers sold than many other guns but has me thinking anyways.

Considering selling / trading to get a Springfield which seems to be a more reliable 1911.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks, and I know my dealer sells them online, rarely does he put them on the shelf for resale.

I have to say what has got me considering selling them rather than break them in is all the negative reviews I read.

I do realize there are more Kimbers sold than many other guns but has me thinking anyways.

Considering selling / trading to get a Springfield which seems to be a more reliable 1911.

Kimber's are great guns. I personally would rather have a kimber over a springfield.

But what you want is what counts.

Im going through the samething aswell! I am thinking about trading in my perfect Glock for a new H&K USP.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    Kimber's are great guns. I personally would rather have a kimber over a springfield.

But what you want is what counts.

Im going through the samething aswell! I am thinking about trading in my perfect Glock for a new H&K USP.
    I think the Gun Mfg start the rumors sometimes just to get people buying and trading.

I do wish there was a 1911 under $2000.00 that was perfect, or at least close to it. I would not mind spending the cash to get a truly reliable and nice fit and finish gun.
    I do realize nothing is perfect, but always looking for the closest thing to it.

Living in Rural Pa is not gun shopping friendly, have to drive hours to check out even a couple different gun models.

(Philadelphia County)

I think the Gun Mfg start the rumors sometimes just to get people buying and trading.

I do wish there was a 1911 under $2000.00 that was perfect, or at least close to it. I would not mind spending the cash to get a truly reliable and nice fit and finish gun.
    I do realize nothing is perfect, but always looking for the closest thing to it.

Living in Rural Pa is not gun shopping friendly, have to drive hours to check out even a couple different gun models.
    Check out Budsgunshop.com

I picked up my Glock 23 from them. They will ship to any local FFL for you.

Best prices around. And I had a great transaction.

Only downfall is you can't pick up a gun and hold it before you buy. . .

As for a perfect 1911 under 2000, thats easy! Get a Colt!

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Kimber Values?

If I win the lottery, I'll buy that Pro CDP II off'n'ya for what you gave for it. I just looked it up - that's a schweeeet piece!

(Warren County)

Well I went to the gun shop today just to handle some other guns. Springfield and H&K and decided to break in the Kimbers.

I just love how a Kimber feels in my hands, so as far as fit and finish and feel the Kimbers are the gun for me. Even if I have to spend some money at a gun smith to make them better.

I am now on the look for another 1911, will look at the upper end models between 1200-2500 and just add to my collection rather than worry about the reliability.

It will take a gun that feels and looks as good as a kimber for me to sell mine. I realize that looks do not save your life, but lets face it, we spend much more time admiring them than using in self defense.

Smile Re: Kimber Values?

I just love how a Kimber feels in my hands, so as far as fit and finish and feel. Kimbers are the gun for me. Even if I have to spend some money at a gun smith to make them better.

I am now on the look for another 1911, will look at the upper end models between 1200-2500 and just add to my collection rather than worry about the reliability.

It will take a gun that feels and looks as good as a kimber for me to sell mine. I realize that looks do not save your life, but lets face it, we spend much more time admiring them than using in self defense.
    My heart bleeds for the decisions you have to make.

I spend a lot more time making sure my guns save my life than only admiring them in my collection. But that's just me.

Hope it all works out for you.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by group17 View Post
    My heart bleeds for the decisions you have to make.

I spend a lot more time making sure my guns save my life than only admiring them in my collection. But that's just me.

Hope it all works out for you.
    I was being a little sarcastic, I have never had a Kimber or Glock not go bang each time I pulled the trigger after a couple mags run through them. Even then that could have easily been me being limp wristed.

I have yet to find a firearm that had 100% positive feedback, when I do will probably buy it as long as its under $3000.00

I am willing to bet if it feedback were based on percentages of guns sold, rather than just numbers it would be pretty equal.
    Also many people will never comment on a product if they are happy with it, if they are not however most will not shut up.

Sometimes I read too much, when I started digging, I found people who hated Every MFG, or claimed they had went to junk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast