Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 62 of 326 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by zacoman View Post
    I really am torn here. I carry weapon with me always for self protection, never open carry though. I honestly believe they should get rid of open carry, to stop problems like this. We have the first amendment for free speech , doesn't mean you can yell fire in a crowded movie theater, same rules should apply with guns. Walking down a city street with an open fire arm is just asking for trouble. If you can not conceal it because it is not comfortable then honestly you have no business operating a firearm. Stating that you always have a tape recorder ready in Philly shows you are already know its gonna be a problem, so why do it.Both parties are wrong, but when a cop tells you to do something, just do it, dont be a dick about it.

And people trying to form groups to go into philly just to OC just shows that you carry a weapon for the wrong reason, dont kid your self that its for self protection. You are hurting your cause even more by ill-rational thinking and dumb ideas like this.
    we should get rid of the mentality that individuals cannot decide how THEY carry THEIR gun. it's not your choice to be made. if you want to conceal carry and despise open carry, that's your right, but don't make the claim that we need to do away with open carry because YOU don't like it.

I don't even open carry, but I support the right to open carry 100%. I believe in the right of the individual to chose their course of action. in fact, I don't even advocate open carry or conceal carry, rather, I support the right to keep and bear arms.

I hope there is an open carry march in Philadelphia where we can hold these criminals accountable for their actions. I'll be present at the march and hope many more folks will be too!

MOLON LABE!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    I hear jersey has nice homes for sale.

But on a serious(ly baffled by your "bring the lube if you know youre getting fucked" mentality) note: so because you deem it as a bad idea to do so it must be a bad idea? Some people carry a weapon for more than one reason, and the second is usually to preserve the constitutions that this country and state were founded on. I for one dont believe in a system that questions a right of mine that is constitutionaly protected against questioning. And wait, did you just say that if someone has a particular body type or style preference they shouldnt be allowed to carry firearms? Well, uhh, err, I give up.
    What type of body type other then some kind of deformity would stop some one for CC a gun ?

I like to smoke crack, am i not allowed to do it because people deem it a bad idea?

I like to walk around naked in public, am i not allowed to do it because people deem it a bad idea?

Who is the law to tell me i cant speed or drink and drive blah blah blah blah.

Its like some one laying next to a pool and bitching that he got splashed by water

(Delaware County)

What type of body type other then some kind of deformity would stop some one for CC a gun ?

I like to smoke crack, am i not allowed to do it because people deem it a bad idea?

I like to walk around naked in public, am i not allowed to do it because people deem it a bad idea?

Its like some one laying next to a pool and bitching that he got splashed by water
    if you don't like the fact that someone is open carrying, then don't look at them.

Im still on the fence with this, it just makes to much sense to get rid of open carry. In this day and age the only reason to open carry in Philly is to get attention, its no different then a 14 year old smoking as soon as he gets off the bus so all the kids see him or some goth kid with bright purple hair getting mad then everyone is looking at him weird, well no shit your hair is purple, well no shit some one is gonna ask why you have a gun on your hip.

and a cop would stop a bikini clad dressed lady too, wouldn't you , they are human

You never punish the gun, you punish the idiot carrying it.

I am not against guns in any way, I'm also looking for groups that are trying to get CC legal in college campuses , or at least the parking lot so i dont have bother taking my gun out of my truck to go to school.
    I might, if I was concerned for her safety as a citizen and/or as a government employee inquire if she was okay, which she would have a right to ignore me. I would not detain her for just wearing a bikini, and certainly not hold her at gun point, demean her verbally, and demand she get on the ground now.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; March 26th, 2011 at 02:05 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I think he has other interests:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...s/zacoman.html

He was under 20 years old a couple months ago. Now he's an experienced gun carrier.
    i'm 24 but thanks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    if you don't like the fact that someone is open carrying, then don't look at them.
    So if you do not want to get hit by a drunk driver do not get on the roads?

i'm 24 but thanks.
    About zacoman
    Training Experience Just Started
    Muscle & Fitness Goals Lose Weight
    Location croydon
    Your Gender Male
    Age <20
    Join Date 01-03-2010
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

So if you do not want to get hit by a drunk driver do not get on the roads?
    sounds about right.

what are the odds of getting hit by a drunk driver?

what are the odds that an open carrier is going to start shooting random people?

I'm not entirely sure of the numbers to be quite honest, but we're supposed to live in a free society where the individual is the ultimate decider and liberty is protected.

I would fire up the pop corn maker and see what happens but I already know. Ill say good bye now Zac, good bye!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    sounds about right.

what are the odds of getting hit by a drunk driver?

what are the odds that an open carrier is going to start shooting random people?

I'm not entirely sure of the numbers to be quite honest, but we're supposed to live in a free society where the individual is the ultimate decider and liberty is protected.
    I am not saying in any way that an open carry makes the individuals more dangerous. I really cant find the right words to describe it, but the first amendment does give me freedom of speech, does that give me the right to yell fire in a crowed movie theater, no. It is MY OPINION that same rules should apply with firearms.

no need for everyone to get butt hurt over an OPINION. not directed at you andrew.

Page 62 of 326 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast