Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 326 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, man, but this stands out to me.

To me, all I see is, "You're putting your life at risk by going to a place you have every right to be and doing something you have every right to do."

Running away from the problem is not the answer - I'd rather put effort in to fix it.
    But do you want that to happen after you are shot down, because a move you made was misinterpreted during one of these stops?

If there aren't enough citizens doing what you are doing, in a city like Philly, then pushing that rock uphill will get tiring, until there are others pushing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    But its going to take one rookie, one slip of the finger on the trigger, anything which could be going through that cops head at the time, etc... next time and we might not be hearing about your next run in with the PPD thats all im saying man we are hear to not only support you but look out for you

Keep us posted on whats going on...
    I hear ya, and I appreciate it.

I've listened to the audio several times now, and I think my favorite part (even though it was very traumatizing) was when one officer barks out, after twenty minutes of complaining about being called over as backup, that "this kid is a fucking piece of shit!!"

Dunno who vomited in his cereal this morning, but he was all piss and vinegar right from the second he got out of his car.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

I hear ya, and I appreciate it.

I've listened to the audio several times now, and I think my favorite part (even though it was very traumatizing) was when one officer barks out, after twenty minutes of complaining about being called over as backup, that "this kid is a fucking piece of shit!!"

Dunno who vomited in his cereal this morning, but he was all piss and vinegar right from the second he got out of his car.
    will you PM me the audio if I escrow you $ as a promise not to give it to anyone else and securely delete it immediately after listening. I'd love to hear that

Lol

(Monroe County)

Holy shit Viper! Glad your ok and hope to hear the full story as soon as your ready.
    *gets popcorn*
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Viper you should set up a defense fund. I will gladly pitch in (the small amount I can afford) and I'm sure many others would too. If enough people sent you twenty bucks or so it could add up quick. Best of luck with everything, and resist the temptation to post too much info here.

. . .
    Guess I just needed to be shown who's boss around them parts.
    When these officers are sitting at the table furthest from the jury, and have to explain why they pointed live firearms at a citizen who exhibited no imminent threat, they may be surprised at who ultimately is the boss in the United States.

In any corrupt city or nation, the agents of the oppressors have as much rope as the system gives them. The Philly courts and PD and city council allow and encourage abuse of law-abiding gun owners. Fortunately, your Section 1983 action is a federal matter, so the PPD IA can't unilaterally sweep your complaints under the rug, pretend to care about your near-death experience, or avoid any significant punishment for the cops involved.

I wonder whether the cops would be more polite if they were outnumbered by polite gun-carrying citizens. I suspect that they, like most bullies, are very manly when their victim is alone and overwhelmed. But 30 guys with guns, who look like they probably know some lawyers and lack any criminal history that could be used against them, I'd bet that group would be dealt with carefully. Especially if someone with a camera inside a nearby locked car was broadcasting live to the Web, so the cops couldn't follow the usual procedure and destroy any incriminating film....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

My concern is this: It almost appears that nothing is going to change until one of us, God forbid it, gets murdered by the PD on camera, or on several cameras and in front of dozens of witnesses. I pray it doesn't happen, but our justice system moves slowly enough, and it seems to slow down even further when there are cops on the wrong side of the law.

Viper, count me in for what monetary assistance I can lend when the time comes.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    When these officers are sitting at the table furthest from the jury, and have to explain why they pointed live firearms at a citizen who exhibited no imminent threat, they may be surprised at who ultimately is the boss in the United States.

In any corrupt city or nation, the agents of the oppressors have as much rope as the system gives them. The Philly courts and PD and city council allow and encourage abuse of law-abiding gun owners. Fortunately, your Section 1983 action is a federal matter, so the PPD IA can't unilaterally sweep your complaints under the rug, pretend to care about your near-death experience, or avoid any significant punishment for the cops involved.

I wonder whether the cops would be more polite if they were outnumbered by polite gun-carrying citizens. I suspect that they, like most bullies, are very manly when their victim is alone and overwhelmed. But 30 guys with guns, who look like they probably know some lawyers and lack any criminal history that could be used against them, I'd bet that group would be dealt with carefully. Especially if someone with a camera inside a nearby locked car was broadcasting live to the Web, so the cops couldn't follow the usual procedure and destroy any incriminating film....
    Sounds like we just need to decide on a meeting place, date/time and find 29 more people, I mean 28

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Sounds like we just need to decide on a meeting place, date/time and find 29 more people, I mean 28
    I can do the recording, I'm working on setting up some recording stuff in my vehicle.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    [snip]
    I wonder whether the cops would be more polite if they were outnumbered by polite gun-carrying citizens. I suspect that they, like most bullies, are very manlytough when their victim is alone and overwhelmed. But 30 guys with guns, who look like they probably know some lawyers and lack any criminal history that could be used against them, I'd bet that group would be dealt with carefully. Especially if someone with a camera inside a nearby locked car was broadcasting live to the Web, so the cops couldn't follow the usual procedure and destroy any incriminating film....
    Red mine.

Fixed it for ya. Otherwise, right on.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Page 6 of 326 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast