Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 206 of 326 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3258
    (Bedford County)

Default Re: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    How about all the following:

Attn (insert local PD name here)!
    Im exercising my 2nd amendment rights
    I have a PA LTCF
    You ARE being recorded - dont want to be recorded, dont speak to me.
    ... and my name is NOT Junior!
    I'm thinking a shirt with a clear plastic pouch that you can put your ltcf in. then when approached by police, you can just point to your shirt.. or hat ?
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    I'm thinking a shirt with a clear plastic pouch that you can put your ltcf in. then when approached by police, you can just point to your shirt.. or hat ?
    Hunting lic. holder with LTCF, center of back.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I had my FL license in a clear plastic holder - but I kept it tucked in my shirt pocket since the PPD wasn't checking licenses at the protest.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    The actual LTCF would be too easy to confiscate, and too hard to read without getting way too close. How about a blowup image of your LTCF, say 3x5 on the breast and 6x10 on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    The actual LTCF would be too easy to confiscate, and too hard to read without getting way too close. How about a blowup image of your LTCF, say 3x5 on the breast and 6x10 on the back.
    In philly you must produce your licence not a copy, if requested or demanded at gun point! Either way it must be produced.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Story made it's way onto Corvetteforum.com. It'll get a lot of support there.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/poli...rying-gun.html

Absolutely outrageous and disgraceful conduct on the part of the Police and DA.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    In philly you must produce your licence not a copy, if requested or demanded at gun point! Either way it must be produced.
    Not so fast.....

The UFA requires you to produce "the license", that is true, and this applies throughout PA, not just in Philly. So "a copy of the license" isn't really enough, you need to have "the license".

BUT (and this, like a Maxxim model's posterior, is an important but) this only applies if you're carrying CONCEALED or in a vehicle. If you OC while on foot, the statutory requirement of the original license under §6122 doesn't apply. Since possession of a weapon on the streets of Philly requires an exception under §6108, you do have the burden of proof to show licensing, but it can be met by any reasonable means. A copy is proof, it's enough to allow an officer to verify it. The original license is only required by statute, and only when CC or driving.

§ 6122. Proof of license and exception
    (a) General rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Not so fast.....

The UFA requires you to produce "the license", that is true, and this applies throughout PA, not just in Philly. So "a copy of the license" isn't really enough, you need to have "the license".

BUT (and this, like a Maxxim model's posterior, is an important but) this only applies if you're carrying CONCEALED or in a vehicle. If you OC while on foot, the statutory requirement of the original license under §6122 doesn't apply. Since possession of a weapon on the streets of Philly requires an exception under §6108, you do have the burden of proof to show licensing, but it can be met by any reasonable means. A copy is proof, it's enough to allow an officer to verify it. The original license is only required by statute, and only when CC or driving.

§ 6122. Proof of license and exception
    (a) General rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.

10 CHARACTERS

(Montgomery County)

Here is a name from the past.

Philly.com letter to the editor:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion..._vs__cops.html

Letters: Reactions to tale of gun-toter vs. cops

Philadelphia Daily News

IT WOULD take someone who's blind in one eye and can't see out the other not to recognize Mark Fiorino's intentions when he sashayed around doing his Wyatt Earp impersonation with his .40-caliber Glock strapped to his hip.

Fiorino accomplished just what he set out to do that day by luring a police sergeant into a heated confrontation while secretly recording his right to bear arms on the open plains. Was the sergeant supposed to just ignore him and head to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts in a city that amasses more than 300 homicides a year? Would the next officer be as accommodating - or shoot first and ask questions later?

It sure didn't take Fiorino long to debut on YouTube and get his face plastered on the front page. He even quoted the police directive when stopped, indicating he knew exactly what he was doing to invite a confrontation. Of course Fiorino will deny all this and sue the city as any other red-blooded opportunist would.

Well, Mr. Fiorino, all I can say is that I hope your 15 minutes of fame does not result in another police officer's death.

Capt. Joseph Di Lacqua
    Background:
    http://archives.citypaper.net/articl...ybeat.lt.shtml
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n29063552/
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Page 206 of 326 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast