Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default License To Carry Permit

Is it possible for one (me) to be approved for a License to Carry Concealed permit then be rejected to purchase a gun or shotgun from Cabala's? Don't both background check Sheriff/State police pull the same criminal reports? I'm terribly confused by this. HELP!!!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: License To Carry Permit

Yes it is. You need to find out what came up during the check which flagged you. Probably a clerical error or a need to clarify something.

PS: PA does not issue concealed carry permits. You have a LTCF
    License to Carry Firearms

(Northampton County)

I've completed the challenge paper that I was given to send in to the State Police to review. Will I have the opportunity to speak with a live person? I pulled my own federal/state criminal report (nothing there that I can see) and I believe a family member with the same name but is Jr. with a record may have crossed in to my background.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nrompilla View Post
    ...I believe a family member with the same name but is Jr. with a record may have crossed in to my background.
    <sarc>
    There you go. Further proof that the Brady Campaign is right... NICS/PICS Saves Lives (and doesn't inconvenience law abiding citizens.)
    </sarc>

Maybe like deceased Sen. Ted Kennedy you're on a 'no fly' list.

(Allegheny County)

Wink Re: License To Carry Permit

I agree it's most likely a clerical area, I had that happen when I went to purchase a handgun and the dealer did the NICS check and looked at me and said my race was different from what is listed on my LTCF/CWP and I was rejected.. The same dealer did a call back about 2 days later and give them my correct race and info and they approved me in like 3 mins.. So I would say it may be a minor area somewhere in the system i.e. State, Dealer, etc.. Just my two cents...
    P.M. Protective Enterprises LLC.

(Northampton County)

So if you challenge the judgement and you are cleared by the State Police. Do I get a letter that clears me? How does that work so that I can make my purchase?

Is it possible for one (me) to be approved for a License to Carry Concealed permit then be rejected to purchase a gun or shotgun from Cabala's? Don't both background check Sheriff/State police pull the same criminal reports? I'm terribly confused by this. HELP!!!
    Did you give your Soc. Sec. # on the form....it's optional, but sometimes helps in these types situations.

(Northampton County)

I gave last 4 digits, but I know with out a doubt that there is nothing on my background report.

I pulled my report via intelius.com, I used my ssn# nothing came up so they just went by the name and Jr.s info came up. I really think they got III vs Jr. wrong.

(Delaware County)

When I applied for my LTCF this time last year or so, it was delayed. I never found out why, since it was eventually approved, but I think it may have had something to do with my late father and I sharing our first and last names.

As long as you have a clean nose, it will all shake out in the wash, so don't stress over it too much.
    Junior

I gave last 4 digits, but I know with out a doubt that there is nothing on my background report.

I pulled my report via intelius.com, I used my ssn# nothing came up so they just went by the name and Jr.s info came up. I really think they got III vs Jr. wrong.
    Junior must have a profile on Face Book or Twitten. I heard Intelius is collecting all of that information via social websites like those. Afterwards, that information is sold to anyone who needs it. Looks a bit unfair considering the fact that I want my information to be kept private. The person behind Intelius is Naveen Jain. Looking at his picture makes me wonder as to why that person is still not behind the jail. I read his story when he was at Info Spaces. OMG, the guy did some bad things to people who invested money into Info Space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast