Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Why no 30 round M&P mags???

The more I look around the Internet the more I've found that they make super hi cap 30 rounders for most modern pistols except for the M&P. Does anybody have an actual reason on why they don't make them orbit they are ever planning on making them? (They being S&W or any aftermarket company) I don't care for the arredondo base plates or other mag extensions.

Default Re: Why no 30 round M&P mags???

Because they are stupid, unnecasarry, hype, garbage. Only role I could see for them would be Bedside at night and... if you need 30 rnds, you need more practice or an AK
    and to the dust you shall return

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Because they are stupid, unnecasarry, hype, garbage. Only role I could see for them would be Bedside at night and... if you need 30 rnds, you need more practice or an AK
    So you explain they have no use then go on to give an example of what they would be good for.

The reason for 33rnd Glock mags was for use in the full auto G18, but they are a blast in the other Glock 9mm's and every Glock 9mm owner should have a few, BECAUSE WE CAN.

If S&W made a FA M&P you could bet your wallet they would have 30+rnd hicaps.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Did I say that I needed one? They're fun to shoot at the range that's why I want one as if I have to explain what I want to you. If your opinion is irrelevant and you have nothing semi-intelligent to say just don't say anything.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    So you explain they have no use then go on to give an example of what they would be good for.

The reason for 33rnd Glock mags was for use in the full auto G18, but they are a blast in the other Glock 9mm's and every Glock 9mm owner should have a few, BECAUSE WE CAN.

^^^ saved me some typing...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post

I understand your point about the FA Glock but they have them for the Ruger P90 series Sig P226 and so on I just don't understand why not for the M&P

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wally36 View Post
    I understand your point about the FA Glock but they have them for the Ruger P90 series Sig P226 and so on I just don't understand why not for the M&P
    I know the Sig makes a 20rnd 9mm swat mag but not sure who makes the ruger mag. Is it a factory mag?

Someone may come out with one for the M&P but if it's not a factory mag it may not be reliable.

I'm only referring to factory mags, no promags or the likes.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wally36 View Post
    The more I look around the Internet the more I've found that they make super hi cap 30 rounders for most modern pistols except for the M&P. Does anybody have an actual reason on why they don't make them orbit they are ever planning on making them? (They being S&W or any aftermarket company) I don't care for the arredondo base plates or other mag extensions.
    i don't think you'll ever see SW produce a 30 rd mag for any of it's guns besides the M&P15 rifles. Mainly because of political correctness but also because in most cases they are not practical. If anyone is going to produce a hicap 30 rd mag for the M&P it's going to be some aftermarket company like promag. i'm all for hicaps and i own a couple of g17 33rd mags and enjoy shooting them at the range but to be honest after going through 33 rds straight i get a little bored. i find the 33 rd mags ungainly and cumbersome to try and carry but for HD i think you can never have enough ammo and if you can fire 30 rds without reloading that gives you a small advantage that might make the difference between living and getting killed.

(Washington County)

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=575772

I don't know if the sigma series and M&P series use the same style magazine but if they do, there is what you want.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=575772

I don't know if the sigma series and M&P series use the same style magazine but if they do, there is what you want.
    Walla, there ya go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast