Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    They have someone off-site that does their gunsmith work.
    So they said. After reading through the thread I have a bit more perspective on the level of effort involved in running the shop. I suppose the basically work as a drop station for the gun smith and may not even treat it as subcontract work. It makes sense. I guess I need to speak to an actual gunsmith for the service that I want.
    Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Roger and Pat have been extremely helpful to me - everyone is friendly and I've never had a bad thing to say.

FWIW I am getting my RRA Middy from them as soon as its ready.

(Montgomery County)

Been there once trying to find a cheap used double barrel sxs they had some alittle above my price range but the guy i talked to was really helpfull and gave me some suggestions on where to get a good deal. Good experience for me ill probably be back to look around again

(Philadelphia County)

Roger and Pat are very nice people,
    did several transaction with them, always a very good experience,
    they were also very helpful with my NFA paper work.

(Chester County)

I have found the people to be very nice, but I think that I am in agreement with many others that have indicated that their prices are a bit high. As an example their price for a Glock $19 Gen 4 was $580.00 and the third gen was at similar cost. Frankly, I typically purchase at least one or two guns a year and it is a struggle not to buy from them because I like them. But when I have asked if they can "do better" (politely I might add) I just dont get a decent response. I do however know other people that they do give discounts to in their defense. YMMV.

(Bucks County)

Well before this thread continues to slide down the pages I wanted to share my experience. First let me say that although this is my first post, i have been reading off of this board for some time and a shooter for over 20 years. With that said i visited Kings for the first time with the intention of either getting them to reload my garbage can full of brass or get into reloading. Roger was incredibly helpful, spent approx 45 minutes talking to me and offering suggestions. I have since that first visit, ended up purchasing a reloader (two years ago), loading several calibers and during the first 6 months after purchase called (often )or visited requesting help or advice and have always been pleased with the service that i have received from Roger, Pat and others. Truth be told, i have not yet purchased a gun from them, i am sure i will at some point. However i would rather pay a little more ( seriously, think about the money we have wasted on ____) and keep stores like Kings, Classic, Surplus etc in business than ending up with a choice of Dicks or Walmart. No i do not have a lot of extra cash to spend, money goes through my hands like glue. Reloading has saved me enough money to shoot more so i buy more lead. Having worked in specialty retail, I can tell you that seeing a customer come in often and never buy anything might make me think, well when he does see something he likes he will let me know, no need to bother with this person. This is not the only shop i spend money at, however i have been 100% satisfied with Kings, and all who work there.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

Quote Originally Posted by GSP45 View Post
    Well before this thread continues to slide down the pages I wanted to share my experience. First let me say that although this is my first post, i have been reading off of this board for some time and a shooter for over 20 years. With that said i visited Kings for the first time with the intention of either getting them to reload my garbage can full of brass or get into reloading. Roger was incredibly helpful, spent approx 45 minutes talking to me and offering suggestions. I have since that first visit, ended up purchasing a reloader (two years ago), loading several calibers and during the first 6 months after purchase called (often )or visited requesting help or advice and have always been pleased with the service that i have received from Roger, Pat and others. Truth be told, i have not yet purchased a gun from them, i am sure i will at some point. However i would rather pay a little more ( seriously, think about the money we have wasted on ____) and keep stores like Kings, Classic, Surplus etc in business than ending up with a choice of Dicks or Walmart. No i do not have a lot of extra cash to spend, money goes through my hands like glue. Reloading has saved me enough money to shoot more so i buy more lead. Having worked in specialty retail, I can tell you that seeing a customer come in often and never buy anything might make me think, well when he does see something he likes he will let me know, no need to bother with this person. This is not the only shop i spend money at, however i have been 100% satisfied with Kings, and all who work there.
    i must agree....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345