Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

Yes,

While I have found some weapons cheaper at other places, I still go back to Roger and Pat.

I have been able to deal with them on some guns for a very good price... other times not.

Nice people.

Roger also does a great re-loading business. Not a bad deal...if you don't already re-load your self.... certainly cheaper than wally world... and if he can make a buck doing it... I'm ok with that.

His Ammo is FANTASTIC. I use the 200 Gr SWC in my .45's ... never had a problem.

(Philadelphia County)

Bought my CZ 75 there. The older, shorter guy was very friendly. I asked if they carried CZs and they said "No, but I'll call and see how much one would cost." Same as Cabelas; $40 than the cheapest internet prices, so I went for it.

I'd go back.

(Montgomery County)

Hi All, this is my first post.

I've done business with King's on a couple occasions. They seem like good people and I haven't had any issues yet.

My wife, kid, and I were in today. A guy in the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor course I completed last weekend recommended it to me, so we stopped in just to see what it was like.

Very friendly help, lots of cool goodies, great prices on reloading components. Let my wife and I handle their guns, as a result of which I think I'm again going to postpone my dream of owning a Government Model. They had an XD45 Compact there that I just like too much. They treated my wife right, we all enjoyed the visit.

Hadn't intended to by anything, but we enjoyed the experience so much we walked out with a $100 worth of ammo and a t-shirt for Cathy.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Delaware County)

I buy most my stuff there anymore. He is considerably cheaper than nearly all the Delco Gunshops near me and quite a bit more helpful. Plus, he has more reloading stuff than any of the shops near me.

Takes me about 35 minutes to get there but it is worth it.

Ted

(Montgomery County)

You realize you are one of the guys when they very happily insult you as you come through the door. I have been dealing with Roger for years and shooting with him at LPRGC for longer. Always willing to go the extra for you (will run a specially sized set of heads for you if you ask), and if Roger and Pat know your "buying habits" then rather nice second-hand revolvers and pistols just seem to come out of the sky at reasonable prices. I have not seen any of their staff actively ignore customers, though when it gets busy, you might have to wait, and I am in there most weekends. Dave_n

I have been dealing with Roger and Pat since they moved to KOP. If they don't have in the store they can order for you. They are great people.
    For the true Warrior the fear of dying in battle is never as great as the fear of being unworthy to enter into it.

It's pretty simple stuff. Good help can be hard to fine. Roger and his wife cannot do it all. I, too, patronized Roger's shop when he was located near Frazer. Make no mistake, the business of running a gunshop is hard and Roger works very hard at it. I never had the sense that he was in it for the money, but rather for the people and the interest. I've been in his K of P shop when you could hardly turn around, so he must be doing something right. No, it's not a big shop, but still traffic continues to flow through it.

I oversee many retail sites and what I can't seem to stress enough is that the preson at the front counter is the most important person at the location. They are an extension of the owner and most times meet/greet customers 10 to 50 times more than the owner themself, depending on the type of business.

Roger is a good guy and I buy there when I can without regret. His reloads have always functioned perfectly for me and he'll make small changes to accomodate a finicky 1911 ; )

(Chester County)

Did a transfer there. seemed fine butdidn't know much about the gunsmith's capabilities....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by K-PA View Post
    Did a transfer there. seemed fine butdidn't know much about the gunsmith's capabilities....
    They have someone off-site that does their gunsmith work.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast