Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

I've been meaning to check out the place as I work just a few minutes away.

(Montgomery County)

I live in King of Prussia. I've bought some ammo there but I also find their gun prices high. French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville has better gun prices and an indoor range.

(Delaware County)

I started dealing with Roger when he was doing the gun shop part time in a single room over the body shop where he worked full time. Bought a Kimber STII from him there. His price was outstanding. I told him the best net price I could find and if he could meet or beat it out the door, the sale was his. He beat it. I've used a metric ton or two of his bullets, and they are of the highest quality.

When he moved to the current location out by the KOP mall he took on a partner and is making his living out of the shop. I agree they are more inflexible on gun prices now. On the other hand, his prices for reloading components and the available selection are top notch. Maybe it's because I'm a familiar face, but no one at the shop has ever been anything but helpful and polite to me. I'd be very comfortable recommending King's to anyone.

Thumbs up Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

In small amounts, say 4 or 6 boxes, I've found it cheaper to buy my 7.62 ammo from King than from the Sportsman's Guide or even Dick's. They also have alot of tools and other small things that most shops won't have. Besides that, they're a pleasure to deal with. They're gun prices are a little high though.

(Montgomery County)

Have gone there. People are nice but they don't always have what I want. I reload shotgun. Some o f the help don't know the prices. It is best to talk to Roger.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: Has anybody tried King Shooters Supply?

I wasn't aware of the store until I heard about it in this forum, so I stopped in. Roger, his wife, and another man were working in the store. All were polite and intelligent.

I shoot an M1903, and they had some Korean made Ball M2 .30-06 150 grain ammunition in plain military-style boxes, English markings on one side, Korean on the other for $6.95 for a box of 20 . That's half of what I had been paying at Wal-Mart for Winchester and Remington. I shot it at the State Game Lands 43 range at 100 yards. Using iron sights, in my hands, it seems to fly the same as the Winchester & Remington. I saw no reason to adjust my sights. That's my brand now.

I haven't been in a lot of other stores, but I recommend King Shooters Supply. I have no connection to the store except as an occasional customer. (They won't be sending the kids to college on what I buy.)

Thanks to the forum for the info on King.

(Montgomery County)

I've been to Kings once and had a great experience there. I didn't buy any guns from them, but I did fondle quite a few. It was somebodys Birthday and they had pizza and cake which they offered to me - a total stranger!
    The only reason that I haven't been back is that I live about 20 miles from the store, but I'm planning on buying a RRA AR from them in the near future.

I agree that his handgun prices are somewhat higher then some other shops, but I'm sure if you are a serious buyer, they'll work with you. They had a great selection of many different handguns - new and used.
    That said, the AR prices are some of the best around, and they usually have them in stock. They had two Springfield SOCOMs at the last VF Gun Show (they probably still have my drool on them) that were priced very fairly.

Roger is a great guy to deal with and very knowledgable. I've also talked to him at the VF Gun Show each time that I've gone. Rogers tables are always busy, but he always makes time to answer any questions that I have.
    I've also had good experiences with the guys that work for him at the gun show and the one time that I was at the store.

(Chester County)

They have a very nice selection of holsters. I was finally able to find a DeSantis Speed Scabard there. It's a great holster.

The handgun prices are a bit elevated when compared to other stores. A Kel-Tec PF9 was $279 at French Creek Outfitters. At Kings it was $319. $40 difference.

I enjoy talking to the sales people at King's alot more than FCO though. Much more personable.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Delaware County)

He's done right by me for the last two years.

W1

(Chester County)

I go in about once a month to see what they've got, and have always been treated great. If you know what you're talking about and want to get technical, you'll have their undivided attention until you're problem is solved. When I'm just browsing or don't really have any specific questions, Roger will still chat if he has time, which is rare, but the other guy I've seen there (sorry dude, I should know your name by now) doesn't hear well so if you don't speak up, he may not answer which gives the impression of being stand-offish. If you want to fondle a few toys and you speak clearly and loudly when asking questions, he knows guns and will tell you what he knows, and not try to make up what he doesn't.

I always check out their tables at the VFGS too because their used gun prices are competitive when compared to others at the show, they don't sell junk like others try to pass off, and they'll haggle if you don't start by making a ridiculous offer. I also check out the gun vault on their web page often because some real nice used guns come in and go out quickly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast