Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default inter ordanance Ak-47c?

Anyone have any personal experience with these? Ive been all over the internet, so personal experience only please....Seems to be about 50/50 from reviews and youtube videos. They are either perfect or the biggest peices of shit ever.... I put one on layaway, Now I'm gettin a little nervous that they may suck. It was has green synthetic harware with the bottom handgaurd rail...not the galil style. Innards appear to be brand new.
    Ive read alot of reviews that say the stock plastic mag, and other plastic mags dont run well in it, I have steel ones, hoping maybe the original owner got frustrated with it and traded it in?
    Anyways anyone have one? or shot one recently?
    Thanks in advance.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: inter ordanance Ak-47c?

It's hard to find an AK that won't run, however, if it is a POS, send it to Rifle Dynamics, and for a reasonable fee they will fix everything that isn't right with it.

Surplus European mags are the best mags to use in AKs.

The plastic furniture on it sounds like cheap, Tapco crap. Strip that shit off and get either some K-Var plastic grips, or Ultimak, Midwest, or Tactical Response furniture.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

(Delaware County)

How much cash is it gonna set you back? I think they originally came with what looks like Romanian-G furniture, so the previous owner has altered it.

We sell a good amount of um at Atlantic , I think the 30 or so I have seen have been decent & the ones I shot were nice!!
    "Emergency's seldom favor the unprepared"

(Blair County)

http://images.ableammo.com/catalog/i...dium/69281.jpg

it is this configuration here, except in green instead of tan. It is the way they come from the factory, except it has hogue pistol grip.
    Not worried about the hardware. Just dont want to get one that doesnt fire well. Its said that they are mostly American made, with a brand new reciever, tapco trigger group, and a mossberg barrel. There are a ton of youtube videos, many fire perfectly, many jam every shot it seems. I guess since they are brand new parts and not surplus kits maybe they just fit tight when new?
    Its 480$ I think new retail was around 600.

(Blair County)

Also if any AK people have an opinion about Optics placement. Ill either be going with some 40 mm red dot, or a holo type sight. I kinda like the receiver cover with the rail on it, the other choice would be out on the top of the front handgaurd scout style. I will be shooting this left handed. If anyone who has spent more time with AKs then me (very little) has any pointers or benefits of a certain location let me know please.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Also if any AK people have an opinion about Optics placement. Ill either be going with some 40 mm red dot, or a holo type sight. I kinda like the receiver cover with the rail on it, the other choice would be out on the top of the front handgaurd scout style. I will be shooting this left handed. If anyone who has spent more time with AKs then me (very little) has any pointers or benefits of a certain location let me know please.
    Ultimak or us palm forend and an Aimpoint micro is THE optics setup for an AK. Not cheap but its the best. Personally I'd skip the optics and just get XS big dots.

(Washington County)

Personally, I run my AK with just the irons, so I admit I don't have any first hand experience. However, I have done some research on the subject, and I haven't heard many positives about top cover mounted optics.

AK dust covers typically have some play in them, and apparently you lose your zero pretty easily when shooting.

If I was going to put optics on my AK, I would either install a side mount for a scope or a handguard mount for a red dot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Like Victory said, get yourself some XS Big Dot sights. The stock sights on an AK are THE weakest part of the platform. Big Dots will improve your Follow up shots significantly. That being said, if I were going to mount an optic it would be with a Ulitimak scout rail and a micro red dot from either Aimpoint or Trijicon. Just make sure you mount it on a QUALITY Q/D mount...

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.