Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Threaded Barrels

Does anyone know anything about aftermarket threaded barrels? The two companies I've come across so far are Jarvis and BAR-STO. I have a Sig P220 that is impeccably reliable and accurate. I would really hate for an expensive add-on to cause the gun to not function as well. Are there any other companies you know of that are very reputable?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Threaded Barrels

as long as they fit in the weapon it can cycle properly, snug and true, and is the right diameter for the round, I should think everything should be ok, assuming the metal was of a good grade. I'm no expert on that, however.

I can tell you though, I bought a couple of threaded barrels on ebay a couple years ago from this college student I believe it was, he was apparently going into a business of gunsmithing or working for a firearm company or something or another.. anyways, one was for a Glock 17 and the other a Sig 229, both fit perfectly and tested out fine. At one point even, just for the hell of it to push it harder and heat it up real good - i lined up a bunch of magazines and spent out a couple hundred rounds each non-stop. Not overly rapid, but not slow, probably 2-3 per second. ...pretty fun test too hehe... *drop mag* *smack up/click* *empty* *repeat*

again, no expert though, but I would say stick with a reputable vendor unlike my choice, even though it worked out fine for me. I have heard BAR-STO is good though, but as I remember I think i ended up looking elsewhere because it was going to take so long to get one from them.