Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman Club

I ended up joining this club because of all of the great reviews. However, I have yet to shoot yet due to work and the weather and I had a few questions that I hope a few of the members can answer.

For the pistol range, do you have to bring your own target stands? If so, which do you recommend? If not what are distance/s at the pistol range (outside).

I know I should have asked at the meeting I went to but i was on the late side for work. Any pictures of the range would be appreciated too.

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman Club

Here's a pic of the outdoor pistol range.

The last time I was there, there a set of steel knock down targets (with rope to reset), about 25 steel swinging targets, and some chicken wire to clip your paper to.

I'm not sure if there are stands available or not. IIRC there are stands at the IPSC bays on the other side of the club but I don't know if they keep the targets that fit them locked up or not.

Thanks I saw the pic on the website but your answer covered everything else. So I really only need to brings paper with me?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I'm not sure if there are stands available or not. IIRC there are stands at the IPSC bays on the other side of the club but I don't know if they keep the targets that fit them locked up or not.

the ipsc targets are property of the club and of the pafoa group shoot events. all you need to do is find a couple of uprights in one of the ipsc bays and staple a piece of cardboard to them and hang your targets on that.

to the OP, I believe that the steel knockdown plates next to the rifle range are 7-8 yards and the hanging plates are about 15 yards. there are no set requirements up in the ipsc bays as long as you can shoot safely and make sure your rounds impact the birm (remember, you are responsible for all of your rounds if they leave the range).

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to the club!

There are 3 pistol shooting area's.

1. Indoor Pistol Range
    Must go through orientation to be permitted to use this range and obtain access. Guests are not permitted. $3 fee per half hour.

2. Steel Paradise Range (next to the rifle range) Steel targets at 7 yards and 25 yards. Paper target holders at 25 yards.
    You're not allowed to shoot the steel at any range closer than 7 yards.
    This bay is limited to pistol caliber only, no rifle, no shotgun.

3. Pistol Bays (on the other side of the club past the trap ranges) In the winter it may be difficult getting to the outdoor pistol ranges unless you have a 4X4. The Pistol Bays (also known as IPSC bays) are 10 (?) individual shooting bays, there are target stands in most of them. Just bring some type of backing, a staple gun, and your targets. As CWG said you can set up any configuration in these bays as long as your rounds impact a berm or backstop. You can even practice with a AR or shotgun in most of these bays, but try not to tear up the stands to much with the shotgun. One note on the pistol bays: if you are shooting with friends there is something called the 180 rule. This means if you are the shooter everyone has to be behind or directly to your left or right side you while you are shooting. No one can be in front of you, not even a little bit.
    Last edited by Hawk; February 11th, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

PMSC also has a forum on their site if your looking for range closures , updates, and other news.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

And if you want to shoot with a bunch of people and shoot our targets stop by on Sunday

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...hoot-48-a.html

Hey thanks to everyone for all the info. For whatever reason, it completely slipped my mind to ask before I left. I'll just have to pick up a staple gun and some cardboard for the target backing.

As for the Group Shoot, I'm going to try to make like every other time I've planned on coming. I'd like to make it out to atleast one event. I'll have to see how I feel after I get out of work.

Again though thanks alot for the info

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman Club

Sorry I missed it before, Can someone tell me how I can go about joining the club?? I'm relocating to the PGH area in April and would like to join a club that has an outdoor tactical range..
    P.M. Protective Enterprises LLC.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lfibodyguard View Post
    Sorry I missed it before, Can someone tell me how I can go about joining the club?? I'm relocating to the PGH area in April and would like to join a club that has an outdoor tactical range..
    real quick, what defines an "outdoor tactical range"?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast