Hey all,

Just got off the phone with the Philadelphia barracks of the PSP and I was informed that as of two months ago they no longer perform fingerprinting for out of state licenses. I've contacted the PSP Integrity line to figure out if this was PSP wide, or this individual troop and here's what I've found out:

As of right now, there is no directive or "final word" from the PSP on this, troops are able to make this call on their own....

Until! They receive complaints regarding the practice, and if they receive enough complaints (I don't know what "enough" is), they will make a policy that will be state-wide.

From what the gentleman on the phone said to me: This is the first time they have received a complaint/concern like this. So that leads me to believe that A) It's happening in other parts of PA and no one gives a flying hoot [I doubt this] or B) Only Philadelphia is doing this and no one gives a hoot [or knows what to do about it].

Positive outcome: The guy on the phone seemed concerned that Philadelphia wasn't doing this and helped me find another troop that would fingerprint for out of state. If enough complaints are received, the entire PSP would have to make a policy and stick to it, which may mean that all troops MUST do fingerprinting, regardless of whether they "want to" or not.

Negative Outcome: If the state gets wind, they may decide to stop doing out of state license fingerprinting at all troops, I'm not sure how likely this is (probably not very), but I figured it should be put out there.

Neutral/No Change Outcome: The PSP receives complaints and their directive is: Troops can decide whether they want to do them or not.

So if any of you Philadelphians (or Pennsys) are interested in filling this complaint you can go here: PSP Complaint/Compliment

Consider this my call to rally the troops! (of PAFOA, that is) Click there, fill out a complaint form and move it along to Harrisburg and let's see the kind of impact we can have!

If you want more info you can contact PSP at:

717-657-4200 (Integrity Line)
717-657-4205 (Some variation of the integrity line)
800-932-0784 (Don't bother, this one just goes to an answering machine)
215-560-2414 (Philadelphia's Deputy Attorney General's Office, not very helpful...)

If you have any other questions or would like more information, please PM me. For now, I'm off to go fill out and send in my complaint.