Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Finally got my LTCF paper work in....question.

I know this has probably been gone over before but I am kind of confused.

I went over to spring garden and turned my stuff in (nice people there by the way) I got there exactly at two and after they messed around with me for a min about coming in late, they said they would take care of me.

Here is my question. The lady that interviewed me said 45 days, the finger print lady told me 8-10 weeks. Which one is it? They both seemed to be pretty sure that they were right. So does this mean that this could possibly take 2 and a half months to go through? Does anyone know the actual reason why Philadelphia takes this long and other areas can do it while you wait?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Got my approval letter today!!! Too bad I didn't get my mail until after they closed, so I will have to wait until Monday. Well, at least I finally have it. Took almost exactly 6 weeks....was 6 weeks yesterday.
    Last edited by gmad20; March 25th, 2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: update

(Adams County)

Default Re: Finally got my LTCF paper work in....question.

Finger prints ... interview ... <<<shudder>>>

As others have suggested in previous posts, Philthy has no regards for the laws of the Commonwealth.

They were not processing application at all since before Christmas (I think), so maybe the 8-10 weeks estimate was because they have a 4 week backlog.

(Delaware County)

State law

No fingerprints, no interviews and the LTCF must be issued or denied in 45 days. Not business days

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    State law

No fingerprints, no interviews and the LTCF must be issued or denied in 45 days. Not business days
    Yeh, I couldn't refuse though...they would just simply tell me to leave.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by gmad20 View Post
    Then you come here, say what happened, and find out that you are going to win the fight regardless.

I dont want to sound mean, but you are smiling while rome burns. I can understand you don't want the trouble. But what if they started to get rid of your rights for the fourth amendment? You are eating dinner, and all the sudden a group of LEOs break your door down and say "Oh, sorry. Just wanting to check and make sure you were not growing pot. Enjoy your dinner." And left.

Rep coming for getting your papers done though.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gmad20 View Post
    And players that sit the bench never score, go figure.
    You'd have all the support and help needed from members here if you ever felt like carrying the ball

(Delaware County)

State law

And players that sit the bench never score, go figure.
    You'd have all the support and help needed from members here if you ever felt like carrying the ball
    Regardless of how many times you point out the statutes concerning a PA LTCF unless the person involved has a huge pile of money and oodles of time it will never change. Why don't you take up the cause, if you have both, and get 'er done? It's not that easy is it?

I've talked to the PA AG about the DELCO Sheriff in the past only to be told there was nothing they could do.

It's not right, true, but not everyone is cut out to be a crusader, in fact most people just want to get their LTCF and go about their life a little better protected.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Regardless of how many times you point out the statutes concerning a PA LTCF unless the person involved has a huge pile of money and oodles of time it will never change. Why don't you take up the cause, if you have both, and get 'er done? It's not that easy is it?

I've talked to the PA AG about the DELCO Sheriff in the past only to be told there was nothing they could do.

It's not right, true, but not everyone is cut out to be a crusader, in fact most people just want to get their LTCF and go about their life a little better protected.
    I disagree about the money part, but probably the time and effort. So far, I haven't seen anyone (rather a large group of people stand together) and fight it. Sure, money, lawyers and court time MIGHT be necessary down the road, I understand that, but why can't we start with simply pushing back?

I'm not in the best position to help because I do not live in Philly and I already have my LTCF. If I lived in Philly and needed to apply for my LTCF, damn right I'd demand they follow procedure. Would I be successful, ?
    Would it take me a long time ? Would I endure a ton of stress and pain ?

But I would do it. There are plenty of steps we can take before $$$ and lawyers get involved.

I do agree with you though, it is much easier to just do that stuff and get your license. The easy route is acceptable for some, but not for others I guess.

How many people on this forum told VIPER "They stole your gun, just give up. It's going to cost you years and thousands of dollars to recover a 400 gun back. You'll need lawyers and tons of money and time...Just buy a new one and call it a day"

Look how that turned out.
    Last edited by BimmerJon; February 11th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.

How many people on this forum told VIPER "They stole your gun, just give up. It's going to cost you years and thousands of dollars to recover a 400 gun back. You'll need lawyers and tons of money and time...Just buy a new one and call it a day"

Look how that turned out.
    I wasn't aware that the Philly PD had learned their lesson and stopped illegally confiscating guns. Did I miss something?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Philly PD had learned their lesson and stopped illegally confiscating guns. Did I miss something?
    Apparently you did. He got his firearm back without spending a penny, without hiring a lawyer and in a relatively short amount of time. There is a snowball effect here that can develop with several small victories.

Man, some of you guys on here are so negative and pessimistic. I guess VIPER could have just given up and not tried and then bought a new gun, like many of you guys suggested!
    It didn't stop illegal gun confiscating but it also didn't resolve the national debt problem, lol IT DID give me and others the confidence to know that WE CAN WIN if it happens to us.
    lol
    Last edited by BimmerJon; February 11th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast