Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thoughts on 10mm Glocks

Anyone own them or shoot them? What are your thoughts? Has the ammo been hard to find for you?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Thoughts on 10mm Glocks

i have a hankering for a Glock 20 but of course i have a hankering for just about any gun

as far as ammo i've seen some in stock at Trop in Elizabethan and cabellas in hamburg plus palmetto state armory has it in stock now

if i understand correctly many 10mm owners hand load as factory loads are a bit neutered

(Northampton County)

I am also interested in the 10mm. Now I already have a model 31 5 inch barrel in 357 sig and I can tell you that it is a blast to shoot and the 357 sig ammo isn't to bad usually about $23.50 a box from sportsmanguide.com. I have done alot of checking on 10 mm ammo and alot of the time it is on back order I have yet to meet somebody at the range that owns anything in 10 mm, I would advise getting something with at least a 4 inch barrel and I would stay away from subcompacts unless your planning on carrying it.

(Beaver County)

I've had a G29 subcompact for a few years now with Meprolight adjustable night sights. Its a bit snappy with some of my hand loads but I've got a few thousand rounds through it now and not a single issue. Ammo cost isn't too bad. Cheap as hell if you reload. Its just not as cheap to shoot new ammo as other pistols. But at least around my parts its about the same price as new 223 ammo. I personally like my S&W 1006 much better. The added weight makes the round much more fun to shoot. I never shot a G20 so I cant comment on the recoil there. I'm just so over plastic and not a fan of 1911's chambered in 10mm. The 3rd Gen Smiths are my by far my favorite besides wheel guns.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

I've had a few hundred rounds through a G20. Good gun. Snappy but manageable recoil with practice. Doesn't have as many mods available compared to the more popular G17/G19s. Grip is huge. They offer a G20SF that has a grip quite similar to a G17, but I've only handled them. No problem eating .40s&w loads in the 180gr range, just have to scrub up the chamber when you're done. Plastic holsters are a little trickier to come by, but it fits the G17-sized leather holsters have.

(Bucks County)

i had a glock 29 and regret selling it and i had a glock 20 and sold it because the pistol grip was just to big for my hand plus the gun shot a few inches low and to the left. i wouldn't mind getting another 29 if one came along at a good price but i'm much happier with my SW 1006 and Colt Delta Elite than i was with the 20. ammo is not hard to find but most 10mm is under powered and expensive. i bought several boxes of 10mm years ago on sale when a shop was going out of business so i've got plenty.

I've been itching for one lately too. The cost of 10mm ammo is what scares me though. Maybe when I start reloading.

(Cambria County)

10mm ammo is the same price on line as 45acp.I have both G29&G20 I carry and shoot the 29 most.Thinking about getting a 6'' slide for the 20 to get the most out of the 10mm I can.If you want a 10mm buy one you will not regret it.

(Blair County)

I have a g20 and love it. I ordered a 6" black barrel from lone wolf. It finally shipped yesterday so I should see it soon. Plan on getting a g29 for carry after I pay off my current layaway. Anyhow most every place has Hornady available for 16$ for 20 rds. You can find target ammo(50) in this price range too in most places. I got a few hundred rounds of full power stuff from double tap, they arent so cheap. I plan to start reloading for it as soon as I get the new barrel and some empty brass As far as recoil, I cant really tell the difference between it and my .40 p229.
    I really wish companies would realize that people want the 10mm. If they made it we would buy it. I would buy any Sig in 10mm. I would buy almost any makers carbine if it were in 10mm. Id like to see a lever action 10mm that held like 20 rds

(Mercer County)

I am a 10mm fan. The cost of shooting the 10 isn't as expensive as most shooters think and after making reloadable brass out of factory loaded brass the cost gets even cheater as one reloads for this caliber.

I own two Colt Deltas, two Kimbers, two or the 10** series Smiths, for the wheel gun crowd I two Smith 610, and two Glock 29s.

My choice for carry are either the Deltas or the the Kimbers as they are easier for me to conceal.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast