Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Morr Outdoors in Lancaster, PA

http://www.morroutdoors.com/

I ordered a Maverick 88 8 shot security from Budsgunshop.com and had it delivered there ($30 transfer fee). The store is run by a father and son and both come off as very nice people.

While waiting for the paper work to process, I browsed and looked at a few pieces. The father and son both took a lot of time answering my questions about various pieces, giving me recommendations for how to save money by doing some of the things I currently pay a gunsmith to do and they were more than happy to walk me through those steps. Additionally, they were almost hesitant to "sell" me anything, meaning that they placed no pressure on me to buy, made no sales "pitch", and even suggested that I take some time to think about it. I felt like they were both very knowledgeable friends of mine that just happened to have a gun store and were looking out for me rather than people who had a gun store and then simply acted friendly to get a sale out of me.

I will definitely go back there and highly recommend them. They are located just outside the city on Willow Street pike.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Morr Outdoors in Lancaster, PA

I stopped in there this evening on my way home. Had a good talk with the owner, very nice and straight up kind of guy. Prices on things seemed reasonable. I'm probably gonna stop in there and pick something up soon. He's looking out for something in particular for me.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Good to know. The $30 transfer fee is reasonable. Too bad our local shops charge too much or those of us who our price savy would not have to ship and transfer etc.

(York County)

Just an update:

Handgun transfer fee is just $20 if you aren't having the gun shipped to their store (i.e. if you're doing a person to person transfer, it is only $20 but if you order off of budsgunshop or something it'll be higher).

I say this because I just did a transfer today (acquired a Springfield XD9 subcompact) and the fee was only $20. So if anyone is in the Lancaster area, I would highly recommend doing your transfers (and any other business that you can) at this store. They are truly great folks and have some good prices (for example, they're selling a Norinco SKS for just $250 right now).

(Lancaster County)

I was in here a few days ago. Very nice folks with reasonable prices. Can't believe that I never noticed them before.

The owner, Nathan, seems like a very honest and reasonable...so honest and reasonable that I fear he won't make it in this business. He was willing to come down on transfer fee costs when doing multiple transfers at once (rather than charging $90 for 3 long guns I was getting from buds he charged just $60!) and I saw someone come in to sell him a used Glock 22 and while he said he'd buy it for $350, the seller asked him if he could help him out by paying $375 and he said yes just like that.

I was quite impressed by the owner and his decency.

I will be back.

(Berks County)

I went to this shop to do a transfer from an online shop. The father and son were very polite. They knocked $10 off my transfer fee for miltary status and made the background check go very fast. The ammo that i bought was very reasonably priced as well. I would highly recommend this store to anyone.

(Lancaster County)

Stopped in here today and they're well stocked on ammo for good prices. If anyone is interested in a really nice FEG PA-63 makarov pistol, I saw one for sale for $199.