Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default For what it's worth Glock vs. Kahr

Let me first say I set out today to purchase a Kahr CW40 I had previously owned a Kahr and was very pleased with it. In fact I only sold it ( and many other guns) because I got married and it went into the kitty to buy our first home. I also want to say that I SWORE I would never buy a Glock...why well I was form the HK school and believed it would be a betrayal. I think wisdom comes with age because I now buy what I shoot well with and not becuase of a name. I currently own a XD Subcompact 9 (my EDCG) and a Springfield Champion. I compared both the Glock and Kahr side by side and all I can say is WOW. This little "baby" Glock rocks. It feels much better in my hand (could just be the double stack design) but it is well balanced, shoots where you aim it and the recoil compared to the Kahr is much less. I crossed into the dark side and I am officially giving credit where it is due. Thanks Glock you guys have come a long way form curtain rods.

The current defense chest.

Glock 27
    SA XD C 9
    SA Champion 45
    Bushmaster AR 15 / Burris 332 and all the goodies
    Mossberg 500 BOOM stick
    AK 47 dressed out with all the goodies.

Now when I replace the Perazzi MX 8 and start trap shooting I will be a happily married man!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: For what it's worth Glock vs. Kahr

Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post
    Let me first say I set out today to purchase a Kahr CW40 I had previously owned a Kahr and was very pleased with it. In fact I only sold it ( and many other guns) because I got married and it went into the kitty to buy our first home. I also want to say that I SWORE I would never buy a Glock...why well I was form the HK school and believed it would be a betrayal. I think wisdom comes with age because I now buy what I shoot well with and not becuase of a name. I currently own a XD Subcompact 9 (my EDCG) and a Springfield Champion. I compared both the Glock and Kahr side by side and all I can say is WOW. This little "baby" Glock rocks. It feels much better in my hand (could just be the double stack design) but it is well balanced, shoots where you aim it and the recoil compared to the Kahr is much less. I crossed into the dark side and I am officially giving credit where it is due. Thanks Glock you guys have come a long way form curtain rods.

Glock 27
    SA XD C 9
    SA Champion 45
    Mossberg 500 BOOM stick

Now when I replace the Perazzi MX 8 and start trap shooting I will be a happily married man!
    Did you get a Gen4 G27?

(Berks County)

Yes GEN 4.

(Allegheny County)

Good choice.

Welcome to the Dark Side of the force!

(Blair County)

You can't go wrong with a Glock. All that plastic gun B.S. is exactly that. My Glock 23 will shoot groups as tight as any other handgun I've fired.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Cumberland County)

I love my 27. I actually like it more than my 19. So much so that the 19 is in the classifieds right now.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post

Glock 27
    SA XD C 9
    SA Champion 45
    Mossberg 500 BOOM stick

Thank you so much for your post.

(Montgomery County)

Comparing a Gen 4 Glock to a CW40 is not exactly apples to apples. The CW is the "value line" for Kahr and it lacks the elements that make a true Kahr. The CW line has less machining and hand fitting and indeed it is in the same price range as a new Glock.

The Kahr really shines in pistols like the K9, K40 and the P45. The precision machining, finely tuned parts and attention to detail far exceed that of any Glock. Sure, glock works and works well. However, the Kahr fit and finish in superior as is the trigger pull. No Glock from the factory has a trigger pull anywhere near what a Kahr can have, and the Kahr is much slimmer.

Comparing a Glock to a Kahr is a bit like comparing a Toyota to a Lexus. One could opine all day long about this and that, but the reality is that the two are in entirely different classes.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Delaware County)

I've shot a Glock, my wife owns an XD9sc which is similar to the Glock and one of my guns is a Kahr CW9. I always liked the CW, had better than 4000 rounds through it and the trigger pin broke. Kahr replaced it no problems. The size and weight of the CW9 made it a great pocket gun for me.

I didn't think the differences in the CW line were enough to justify the extra expense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast