Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: For what it's worth Glock vs. Kahr

This was not meant as a knock on Kahr. At the end of the day it is apples to apples based on cost and the fact I want an every day carry gun. It is about price. If price wasn't a factor I would carry a tricked out Wilson.

I just happen to fall in love with the Glock. I also still love my XD9...

This has the makings of a great post, I think I will just sit here in my recliner. Now, where the bloody hell did I put that bag of popcorn?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Comparing a Gen 4 Glock to a CW40 is not exactly apples to apples. The CW is the "value line" for Kahr and it lacks the elements that make a true Kahr. The CW line has less machining and hand fitting and indeed it is in the same price range as a new Glock.

The Kahr really shines in pistols like the K9, K40 and the P45. The precision machining, finely tuned parts and attention to detail far exceed that of any Glock. Sure, glock works and works well. However, the Kahr fit and finish in superior as is the trigger pull. No Glock from the factory has a trigger pull anywhere near what a Kahr can have, and the Kahr is much slimmer.

Comparing a Glock to a Kahr is a bit like comparing a Toyota to a Lexus. One could opine all day long about this and that, but the reality is that the two are in entirely different classes.
    Apples to oranges indeed. While I do like my Glocks very much I see a Kahr in my near future, hopefully an all steel model.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Well to each their own... and opinions including mine are like well you know what. Lets really look at apples to apples. The statement that "other" Kahr models have more precision machining and yada yada yada... Thats is why they cost more. On the basis of cost the Glock out shines IMHO the Kahr CW line and as I stated earlier I owned and loved my Kahr.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post
    Well to each their own... and opinions including mine are like well you know what. Lets really look at apples to apples. The statement that "other" Kahr models have more precision machining and yada yada yada... Thats is why they cost more. On the basis of cost the Glock out shines IMHO the Kahr CW line and as I stated earlier I owned and loved my Kahr.
    You made a good choice. The Glock is a hard gun to beat no matter what it's compared to, be it a Kahr or a high end 1911. It's not the price but the performance you get, and at a bargain compared to some.

(Allegheny County)

I have owned three Kahr P9s at different times, my wife has owned a Kahr P9, K9, and T9.

Both of us really like the P9 for a carry gun. But when we have shot our Kahrs in comparison to our Glocks (mine a Glock 19, hers a Glock 26) we both shoot/handle the Glocks better. (Draw & fire drills, multiple shots on target drills, one handed and weak handed drills, reload drills, malfunction clearance drills, failure to stop drills etc...)

Does the size make a difference to us? No, we both carry our respective guns daily. (The right belt and holster is the key.) However it might make a difference for you, that is something that each of us has to decide for themselves.

Grab the Kahr and Glock of your choice and run some drills to compare for yourself. Then decide if the size of the gun is something that really matters to you. Then make your decision.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Berks County)

Well let me throw this in the mix. I am going out tomorrow to buy a Ruger LCR 357. There is just something cool about firing a rocket out of tiny gun that turns me on.

If I am not proficient with any gun I will not carry it. Doesn't mean I won't own it. And it doesn't change that as Glock hold out I am now a fan...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post
    If you look at the photo comparison I posted earlier other than the slide stop lever the other machining is just cosmetic, on the slide exterior. The other differences are in the front sight, not adjustable on the CW and the rifling.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    If you look at the photo comparison I posted earlier other than the slide stop lever the other machining is just cosmetic, on the slide exterior. The other differences are in the front sight, not adjustable on the CW and the rifling.
    Exactly! I kinda think some people put the CW line down to justify why they spent almost 2x as much on another model Kahr. ??? Me on the other hand can not wait to to get a new CM9 because I could not see paying $600+ for a PM9.

I guess I like apples and oranges... Here is a pic of my carry guns. A G26 and a poorly machined, slapped together by drunk monkeys CW9.LOL..... both have been 100% reliable ... Love them both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12