Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Rossi Circuit Judge

Well I was checking out my local shops new offerings and the clerk says have you seen this and hands me a Rossi Circuit Judge.. In truth I had noticed it but had passed over it because its not really something I would use.. But it was in my hands so I took a look at it.. My 1st impression was wow is this thing light!(4.75 lbs) The revolver action really is unusual and gets your attention. The finish was typical Rossi,very poor and the wood had no figure to speak of.. Well I looked it over and I was wondering how it could be so light, it seems that heavy cylinder would add on the pounds.. Well I looked at the thickness of the barrel and I couldn't believe it.. The barrel looked to be approximately a 16th of an inch thick! I have never seen a barrel this thin on any gun.. Thinking it might be just reamed out for the screw in choke on the end I took a look at the forcing cone. Nope same thickness! Now to put that into perspective the k frame smiths had a history of cracking at the forcing cone and they are much thicker then the cone on the Rossi. Well the gun does catch your eye but in truth I would never own one. From what I saw today I would definitely be worried about mechanical failure..
    Last edited by Crazee; February 8th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Rossi Circuit Judge

I picked one up at a show to look at and immediately started to get a huge sales pitch from the dealer.
    As I was laughing at the lump of metal and cheap wood in my hand, I was particularly amused by the flimsy piece of scrap tin they have screwed to the frame with .03 hardware store screws to keep the cylinder gap blast from embedding unburned powder and pieces of shaved lead into your left arm while firing the "gun".

What a flaming joke of a firearm along with it's equally idiotic cousin the Judge and their third cousin twice removed on their fathers side, the S&W Governor.

Seriously, right up there with smoke stacks on a pickup, some things are only out there to irritate and amuse...

(Delaware County)

is everyone going to rip off this retarded concept?

MSRP: $618.00 are they serious????????????????????????????????????????

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee View Post
    MSRP: $618.00 are they serious????????????????????????????????????????
    A fool & his money are soon parted.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Hi all, new guy here. I purchased one of the new Circuit Judge a month ago. Found it local for $525. I have shot over 150 rounds through it. I love it. No problems so far I bought it as a home defense gun. I also own the Bond Snake slayer V. I wanted to not have to stock different types of ammo. So this gun fit perfect. I have mounted a tactical light and laser to it. It points quick in the house. My wife is not afraid to shoot it. I have just purchased 220 rounds of the new ballistic tip LeVerEvlution ammo from Hornady OMG! Got them from Midway USA for $17.00 a box of 20. They work great and add some extra power. The jacketed bullet helps keep it from fouling.

No issues from powder flash from the cylinder. Great gun!

IMG_0064 by dagwodzz, on Flickr

IMG_0062 by dagwodzz, on Flickr

(Butler County)

Thanks for the post, good get.

I've been eyeing one of these since they were announced, problem is, in PA, you can't use it for small game hunting. In PA, shotguns have to be limited to 3 shells.

What kind of groups are you getting out of the leveroution?

(Mercer County)

we got one in the store about 2 weeks ago and I was disapointed at the wood. A nice piece of walnut would have made it a "must buy". Other than that it's a really cool concept and they should do well.

It comes with a plastic plug to fill 2 of the holes for use with migratory birds.
    Because I wanted it mainly for home defense. Its zeroed at 8 steps. Shooting from a rest, using the laser I can drill a hole in hole! But a 1/2 inch is a no brianer. As for the wood? its not that bad. Its a "working gun" for me. The pretty wood will not stop an intruder! I like the fact In a pinch, with the shotgun choke it comes with, it makes a great squirrel, rabbit gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrkotz View Post
    Thanks for the post, good get.

I've been eyeing one of these since they were announced, problem is, in PA, you can't use it for small game hunting. In PA, shotguns have to be limited to 3 shells.

What kind of groups are you getting out of the leveroution?