Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still looking

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb still looking

I want to buy a new gun im looking at a couple different 40 cals gander mtn has this one for 449 Smith & WessonŽ Sigma Semi-Automatic Pistol with LaserLyteŽ Sight
    but was looking for some insight or good dealers in the pgh southhills area im looking to try to stay around the $500 range

Default Re: still looking

Quote Originally Posted by edward.reick View Post
    I want to buy a new gun im looking at a couple different 40 cals gander mtn has this one for 449 Smith & WessonŽ Sigma Semi-Automatic Pistol with LaserLyteŽ Sight
    but was looking for some insight or good dealers in the pgh southhills area im looking to try to stay around the $500 range
    I would stay away from the Sigma series. If want a S&W look at the M&P series, they cut prices on these models so they should be under $500. They won't have a laser but that shouldn't be too important.

You should also look at Glocks. They may be a little over $500 new but you can get police trade-in anywhere from $350-$450.

As for places to buy, take a look at Braverman's in Wilkinsburg, Ace's Sporting Goods in Washington or Island Firearms on Neville Island. Ace has a huge selection so you can check a bunch of pistols out. However, I like Braverman's because they are usually much more helpful but just a tad more expensive.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

(Adams County)

You are not going to get a good new handgun with a good laser for $500. Agree with previous, look at M&P over Sigma.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtwalker View Post
    You are not going to get a good new handgun with a good laser for $500.
    What the hell are you talking about? I can think plenty of great gun for well under $500

Is OP's mind set on .40SW? if so, here are several I can think of without thinking much about it.

For instance, Smith&Wesson SD40 can be had for $459 MSRP. Which means you should be able to find one at less then $400 in real life.
    Buds are selling one for $367

BTW, please do not pay whatever GM is asking for Sigma as Buds are selling Sigma V40E for $289...

Or you can get their home defence kit for $499 MSRP
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

You should be able to find Springfield XD40 - Not XDM - for less then $500...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32517

Do not over look the FNP40. They are around $450

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/62595

Not to mention Ruger SR40. Most I've seen are around $425...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/72440

My suggestion?
    CZ75B in .40 for around $500.
    Excellent firearm thats a bargain right now. I recently bought 2 CZ's(75B SS, and SP-01Tactical), and I presume it won't be the last CZ I'm gonna buy either(75B PCR look mighty nice!).
    (I know, picture is 9mm version. I was unable to find pic of .40SW)
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/21610

And I didn't even bother my time with Taurus or used hudngun...
    Last edited by Mity2; February 8th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Adams County)

Mity2 - Any of these have a laser included for $500 ?

(Erie County)

Have you looked in the classifieds? Lots of decent guns for sale in your area.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I would stay away from the Sigma. If you want a S&W go with the M&P or the SD. I have the SD40 and it is a good gun. I would rank it up there with the M&P without the price tag.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Northampton County)

I got a new Glock 19 gen 3 w/ laserlyte at Cabelas over the holiday for $550. It's a 9mm, and you can't really go wrong with the Glock in terms of reliability and ease of use. It's very quick to clean and inexpensive to repair. My best suggestion would be to go to a public range near you that rents handguns. Try a few out and see what feels good in your hand. My buddy has a sig and it just didn't feel right to me. The trigger between the sig and glock are very different and that could have been the reason, but it's all about what you are used to or what feels good.

You can also find some nice older Sigs (229,239,226) in .40 also for around that price.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    I got a new Glock 19 gen 3 w/ laserlyte at Cabelas over the holiday for $550.
    Is that a LaserLyte that replace rear sight on a Glock ? Sounds like a great price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast