Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default AM classic II or s&w m&p

I stopped by American sport shooting over the weekend to check out a few guns (my old lady was more interested in the knives). I've been looking at the American classic II's for a while now as a capable entry level 1911. I Don't exept too much. The one I looked at appeared to be a well put together gun. Tight, with no rattles, slide functioned smooth, it didn't look or feel like a cheap gun. Fit nice in my hand, and had nice sights. I also looked at a S&W m&p. 40s&w because he didn't have any 45acp in stock. They don't sell well in that caliber? The smith was also a nice gun. Felt nice in the hand, sites were easy to pick up. Slide to frame is a little loose but it's like that on the xd's I've fired too. Problem is I want a 45acp. So my choices are an American classic II which I can probably bring home the same day... Or a 45 acp smith m&p that I would have to wait for (and pay a little more for). What do you guys think? I've actually found more good reviews on the American classic than the m&p. Lots of people having FTF and FTE on the m&p. I also read some police department sent back all their m&p's because of multiple failures?

(Carbon County)

Default Re: AM classic II or s&w m&p

Never mind, I purchased a desert eagle 1911 a few days ago. Very nice firearm. Very tight. Initial disassembly was a bit difficult.