Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Not honoring a sale!

[rant]

Last week I placed an order @ midwesthuntersoutlet.com (aka thegunsource.com) for a Sig 556 Russian for $909.

They even called to verify that the transaction was kosher.

Later on in the week the price dropped to $852.00

Today, they just called and stated the price was $1,055. Admitting they made the error, but will not honor the price they sold the rifle for.

[/rant]

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Not honoring a sale!

Just cancel your order, do not do business with places like that.

They sold you the Rifle for $909, then they called back to say it is now $1055, what a bunch of losers.

Isnt that illegal too?

Suffice it to say , i do not shop on line for guns.

Nyman

(Delaware County)

It's called a bait and switch and yes, it is fraud. No, it's not worth your time or money to pursue in court, but it may be worthwhile to call them and inform them that you are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau and blast them in every internet gunboard you can register for.

They might just decide to eat $150 to save themselves the hassle. In fact, i suggest you mention to them in this conversation that it's probably worth eating $150 to save themselves the hassle. If your actions loose them just one sale, they're probably out that much anyway.
    Last edited by victory; February 8th, 2011 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    it may be worthwhile to call them and inform them that you are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau and blast them in every internet gunboard you can register for.
    OP cancell your sale and wait for the refund. Only after you have been refunded should you take any action. They will have you by the balls and they know it! Victory hit the nail on the head! Then report them to the BBB and tear them apart on every gun forum. Others need to be warned about there tactics.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    OP cancell your sale and wait for the refund. Only after you have been refunded should you take any action. They will have you by the balls and they know it! Victory hit the nail on the head! Then report them to the BBB and tear them apart on every gun forum. Others need to be warned about there tactics.
    There's no reason to wait for a refund if you paid by credit card...also, they can't just refuse to give you your money back because you pissed them off...that's a little worse than fraud and might prompt a call to the local authorities.
    Last edited by victory; February 8th, 2011 at 03:10 AM.

First off, no money changed hands fortunately.

Yes, the company is engaged in unscrupulus business practices. Which is why I'm trying to give you all a heads up.

Below is their response, to my initial email notifying them of unscrupulous business practices.

Hello ____,

I apologize for the error with your order and for the inconvenience. We regret that we were unable to honor the price that was on your order as it was well below our cost for the item. The correct retail price of the item is $1082.99. We offered you the firearm at a discount from the retail price ($ 1053.92) because of our mistake. You were not notified of the error when you were contacted on 01/31 because unfortunately we had not yet discovered the error.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

(Bradford County)

Their mistake and they should honor it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Inigoes View Post
    First off, no money changed hands fortunately.

Yes, the company is engaged in unscrupulus business practices. Which is why I'm trying to give you all a heads up.

Below is their response, to my initial email notifying them of unscrupulous business practices.

It happens, happened to me with On Point on a Daniel Defense carbine. Price was like 875.00, I ordered one, called Roger and King Shooters to start the FFL ball rolling and then later got a call back informing me that they couldn't do the deal because the prices had been raised by DD to $1030.00. Price increase was confirmed so I let it go as no big deal. I don't expect businesses to lose money by mistake, sometimes there is a lag between actual prices and prices online. If the seller made an honest mistake, how can you get upset? What if it was your business? I own 2 businesses, its a pain in the ass.

(Philadelphia County)

Experiences like this just confirm my position not to deal with online purchasing. I would rather go to my dealer, look, and wait for a nice gun to pop up. Or, they can order it for me. Give him the business without the problems.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KINGOWOOD View Post
    Price increase was confirmed so I let it go as no big deal. I don't expect businesses to lose money by mistake, sometimes there is a lag between actual prices and prices online. If the seller made an honest mistake, how can you get upset? What if it was your business? I own 2 businesses, its a pain in the ass.

Thats not very good customer service. It is not my problem if a company makes a mistake and loses money.

I also have been in business. Our policy "Your mistake, you take care of, Our mistake, we take care of."

Sometimes you lose money for treating the customer properly. Just don't make the same mistake twice, or you won't be in business long.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast