Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 83 of 248 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast

Default Re: Project Gun-walker and the ATF

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    I believe the greater point is that the MSM id dead. They have nothing to offer with regard to truth, objective reporting or watch-dog over the government.
    The news is reported by alternate sources, "non-authorized journalists" as it were. MSM is a relic. Let it rot.
    I agree with this to a large extent. The MSM is not quite dead yet, but it's dying. (Newspapers are the first casualty)

PS: Kat says hi.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    I agree with this to a large extent. The MSM is not quite dead yet, but it's dying. (Newspapers are the first casualty)

Off topic, but I will say Hi to Kat anytime.

(Lehigh County)

Twoguns, please stop posting off topic. If you have nothing to add to this thread then go play angry birds.

Nope... Can't even say that with a straight face.

Honestly, I am almost ready to unsubscribe to this thread, as I go high and to the right on nearly an hourly basis every time I view it.

Anyway, Tun Tavern is long gone. Time for a new pub with a dark corner.

Descendant of a Continental Marine offering the first round. Of drinks.

Amazing, BTW, that I95 runs right over Tun Tavern's plot of earth. Runs straight to DC, that road...
    Last edited by Ten*K; August 7th, 2011 at 11:40 PM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post

She says she's going to register at PAFOA. LOL...

(Monroe County)

Twoguns, please stop posting off topic. If you have nothing to add to this thread then go play angry birds.

Nope... Can't even say that with a straight face.

hahahaha! 80 pages to this thread and I think it is the first time I submitted anything off topic....I knew you could not say that with a straight face!

And Valorious, Good to know Kat is signing up. It will be nice to have someone new to argue with. lol

Now back on topic, Damn it!

(Monroe County)

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...use-moves.html

Tuesday, August 9, 2011
    All about re-election. The White House moves to use all the tools. But Gunwalker could provide the checkmate.
    Even as Human Events says "'Fast and Furious' Goes All the Way to the White House," Big Hollywood notes that Maureen Dowd: Hollywood Using SEAL Team 6 to Boost Obama’s Reelection Prospects?

Our utter failure of a president is looking to Hollywood for an October 2012 Surprise to save his hopes for a second term. Maureen Dowd says out loud what we all knew the moment the movie’s release date was announced:

The White House is also counting on the Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal big-screen version of the killing of Bin Laden to counter Obama’s growing reputation as ineffectual. The Sony film by the Oscar-winning pair who made “The Hurt Locker” will no doubt reflect the president’s cool, gutsy decision against shaky odds. Just as Obamaland was hoping, the movie is scheduled to open on Oct. 12, 2012 — perfectly timed to give a home-stretch boost to a campaign that has grown tougher.

The moviemakers are getting top-level access to the most classified mission in history from an administration that has tried to throw more people in jail for leaking classified information than the Bush administration.

It was clear that the White House had outsourced the job of manning up the president’s image to Hollywood when Boal got welcomed to the upper echelons of the White House and the Pentagon and showed up recently — to the surprise of some military officers — at a C.I.A. ceremony celebrating the hero Seals.

“To the surprise of some military officers.” There’s an interesting statement.

Pretty good. But what if a Gunwalker documentary is not only on the television but the silver screen as well by then? Certainly a possibility. Check. Your move Mr. President.

Then we have this.

Obama plan: Destroy Romney

Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s re-election campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee.

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for re-election in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

Ah the politics of personal destruction, you've got to love it. The thing is, Romney is a perfect set-up for this and the GOP bosses, as much as they are enamored of Romney, know this. Now, there is no guarantee that Romney will make it through the primary process, but the GOP bosses have to act like he is and to make preparations for blunting this move. How?

The Democrats who are planning the assault on Romney believe they can avoid a referendum on Obama’s handling of the economy, in part because both political parties are in such poor public favor.

Romney’s campaign is “making the assumption that the American people trust the Republicans on the economy,” said Giangreco. “People are so frustrated with the economy and so frustrated with both parties so it’s a wash.”

“And so there’s only one thing left,” he said: “Who do I trust to do the right thing? And that’s the president.”

"Who do I trust to do the right thing?" Push the Gunwalker investigations to their logical conclusions and no one, not even liberals, will trust him to "do the right thing." Ever.

So all the president's men have just given the GOP leaders, some of whom are less than enthusiastic about pushing the Gunwalker Plot investigation to its conclusion, more reason to embrace Gunwalker and a special prosecutor.

Check, Mr. President, and mate.

Ideally, as far as I'm concerned, Romney will lose the primaries and some other candidate will get the benefit of the Gunwalker revelations to come. But the GOP leadership will have to embrace more hearings and a special prosecutor NOW, simply because of the time involved to make things happen.

Once more, events and pressure from below will push the process of truth-seeking along.
    Posted by Dutchman6 at 5:02 AM

(Lehigh County)

That's better, t.g. no i can go back to simmering rage.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Delaware County)

Such a movie that is spoken about regarding the seals and the death of Bin Laden will have little effect. The recent tragedy costing the lives of many of those same seals involved will be a bitter reminder to many that we are still in a hostile situation in a foreign land and that status will not be changed in Oct. 2012.

In another matter, the economy by next October will be in worst shape than it is now, and Bin Laden will be a somewhat distant memory. The populace will be more concerned about keeping their jobs or looking for employment.

Of course, the hypocrite anti-war protesters are no where to be found since OBama has taken office.

(Monroe County)

I believe the primary point of Mike's article is that we continue to push this issue to demand for more hearings, deeper investigation, criminal prosecutions for all parties involved and removal from office of anyone who sanctioned this outrage.

Just because the MSM doesn't want to touch the story does not mean that more and more people are not awakening to the sheer audacity of the implementation of a plot to undermine the 2nd-A. A plot, by the way, that recklessly disregarded the violence that would be unleashed on both sides of the border.

That type of disregard speaks volumes about what kind of people we have in high office. They will stop at nothing to attain their desired goals; murder of innocence, wanton violence, destabilization of a neighboring country, lies, obfuscation of a serious Congressional inquiry.....the list of crimes is long and the guilty parties must be brought to justice for the health of our nation.

I admonish all who have followed this story to continue to press for justice. Time to double-down in your efforts.

Keep pushing.

(Monroe County)

The gall of these administration water-boys is appalling!
    To affirm Mike's assertion that there must be a special place in hell for the likes of this cretin, Burke, we may reflect upon Dante's Inferno and understand that it would be either the 8th or 9th circle of Hell to which he and his ilk would be condemned.
    The 8th circle of hell being reserved for, among others, those guilty of fraud; corrupt politicians and perjurers.
    The 9th circle is that special place for those who practiced treachery and other traitors.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-terry-parents

BREAKING NEWS: US attorney opposes victim status for Terry parents in gun case

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner
    August 9, 2011 - Like this? Subscribe to get instant updates.

PHOENIX: In a controversial legal move, Dennis K. Burke, the United States Attorney for the District of Arizona entered a response yesterday in U.S. District Court to deny a motion filed on behalf of Kent Terry, Sr. and Josephine Terry, parents of murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, to intervene as victims in the case of United States of America v Jaime Avila, et al.

“This Court should deny the motion to intervene as victims because the intervenors are not victims in this case,” Burke wrote, stating they do not qualify as victims under the Crime Victim Rights Act.

Citing precedent cases, Burke argued “While Agent Terry is undeniably a murder victim, he is not a victim of Defendant Avila’s firearm offenses as the CVRA defines ‘victim’.” The filing also maintained “The victim of the offenses is not any particular person, but society in general,” and declared:

The Intervenors nevertheless claim that a link exists between the firearms that Defendant Avila purchased and firearms found at the scene of Agent Terry’s murder, and that he consequently had a “role” in the murder, which qualifies them as victims under the CVRA. Whether such a link exists—the nature and extent of such a link have not yet been determined—that link does not make the Intervenors victims of Defendant Avila’s indicted offenses.

Addendum: A post from Sipsey Street Irregulars on this development will be forthcoming. As background, note Mike Vanderboegh made the following observation in April:

Sources and documents indicate the prosecutor who advised the "Fast and Furious" case in Phoenix was Asst. U.S. Attorney Emory Hurley. His boss, Arizona's US Attorney Dennis Burke, was a longtime chief of staff for Homeland Security Chief Janet Napolitano...

Both Burke and Hurley signed this filing.

UPDATE: Vanderboegh posts "The Banality of Evil."

Continue reading on Examiner.com BREAKING NEWS: US attorney opposes victim status for Terry parents in gun case - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...#ixzz1UfUkWjZw
    Last edited by twoguns; August 10th, 2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: edited to add emphasis to the point about the betrayal of justice by Attorney Burke

Page 83 of 248 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast