Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 187 of 248 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2474
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Project Gun-walker and the ATF

This piece is short but quite succinct.

Obama and crew are nothing more than Commie loving scoundrels. Why would anyone choose to work for this government?

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com...-of-class.html

Wednesday, May 16, 2012
    A Lack Of Class
    Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry died serving this country. In recognition of his service to this country, Rep. Darrell Issa sponsored HR 2668 - the Brian A. Terry Memorial Act - which renames the Border Patrol Station in Bisbee, Arizona in his memory. Having passed in the House it was sent to the Senate where last week it passed by a unaminous vote and was sent to the White House for the President's signature.

Rep. Issa said, in part, in a release about this bill's passage:

"All of Washington mourned with the Terry family when Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry gave his life in the line of duty in 2010. Today we stand just as unified for the purpose of honoring and preserving his legacy.

"The unanimous support with which the Brian A. Terry Memorial Act passed the United States Senate is a tribute to Agent Terry's career of service to our country and to the Border Patrol's distinguished history of intrepidity and sacrifice for the sake of homeland security.

"We recognize that Agent Terry's untimely passing is a tragedy that never should have happened. And while we continue to pursue answers regarding the circumstances surrounding his death, we resolve that his example of bravery and sacrifice will never be forgotten – especially in the city of Bisbee, AZ where he served."

While Rep. Issa may have thought "all of Washington" mourned, it is becoming apparent that Agent Terry's death at the hands of narco-terrorists was considered by the White House as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy. When it came time to sign the bill, President Obama did it privately as this release from the White House makes clear.

Matthew Boyle of the Daily Caller reports this on the signing:

On Tuesday, when Obama signed the bill into law, he did not hold a public signing ceremony with Terry’s family. The announcement that Obama had signed the memorial act into law was stuffed in the middle of a White House press release packed with other announcements not relevant to Terry.

The press release contained no quote from Obama or from White House press secretary Jay Carney about Terry.

Not only was this bill a non-event for the White House but US Customs and Border Protection did not even see fit to release a statement on the naming of the Border Patrol Station after one of their own who was killed in the line of duty.

Both the actions of the White House and Customs and Border Protection are reprehensible. It smacks of the former Soviet Union where inconvenient people - like evidently the late Brian Terry is to the Obama Administration - would become non-people or invisible. The Soviets did this to the dissidents, the Jews, and anyone who deviated from the party line.

To see this same treatment accorded to the late Brian Terry and his family is beyond the pale. It is disgusting and classless and contemptible.
    Posted by John Richardson at 1:48 PM

(Monroe County)

The contempt charge (if it ever comes to fruition), this assertion that Obama may fire Holder because of political desires, or demanding that Holder resign, none of it is what I call anything close to justice!

No one is talking about criminal prosecutions being leveled at Holder, Newell or the litany of others that were involved in this. If this is the best we can expect I sure hope that I am not the only one who is not pleased.

http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/...419a:&st=pmail

(Monroe County)

David Codrea understands what I mean when I say this is not justice.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fast...unt-accusation

Fast and Furious fundraising email plays into ‘partisan witch hunt’ accusation

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

An email sent out yesterday by Conservative Majority Chairman Dennis Whitfield advises recipients “It’s Past Time for Attorney General Eric Holder to be Brought to Justice.” Referring to the Justice Department’s role in the Fast and Furious “gunwalking” scandal, and to Holder’s failure “to comply with a subpoena issued by House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.),” the solicitation offers the opinion that “Eric Holder should have resigned or been fired long ago,” and urges readers to “Stand with the Conservative Majority in demanding his removal from public office by contributing now.”

As this column observed last November, “If Holder simply steps down, much of the incentive to pursue him will evaporate...And if that’s the case, finding out what he may be culpable for, and what he and his boss may have discussed about the matter becomes even more problematic.”
    View slideshow: Is Republican leadership really leading on Fast and Furious?

Including a photo captioned “Murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry,” the appeal further invokes the name of the Terry family, saying it “deserves better.”

That is undoubtedly true. But the plea to “Contribute now and stand with us in demanding the resignation or termination of Eric Holder!” leaves several important questions unanswered, not the least of which is if responding with a donation will result in any meaningful action toward Holder’s removal. With donation levels on the page the email links to running from $25.00 to become a “Citizen Supporter” all the way up to a $2,500 “Chairman’s Circle” award, perhaps disclosing some of the specific ways that money will be directed toward the presumed purpose would be appropriate.

If Mr. Whitfield and his Conservative Majority organization have been instrumental in uncovering details about the ongoing and unfolding Fast and Furious story, evidence of that is neither widely known nor readily apparent. That they advise Holder resigning as a desirable outcome shows they have not thought through how that could actually result in no justice for the Terry family or for anyone else. And that leads to the unsettling thought that this may just be about using this issue to raise money for something else altogether.

So who are Dennis Whitfield and the Conservative Majority?

He’s, among other things, a veteran Republican operative, and listed as a “Consultant” on the “Executive Staff” for the American Conservative Union, and his group is “a project of the New Conservative Coalition,” which itself is a part of the ACU. The address used in the fundraiser is 4600 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 802, Arlington, VA 22203, which actually belongs to an outfit called Strategic Campaign Group, self-identified as “seasoned political operatives experienced in every aspect of political campaigns,” headed by a longtime Republican political consultant.

There are certainly many laudable things ACU and its Conservative Majority subsidiary are attempting to do, including training volunteers to spot fraudulent voter registrations, providing election day poll workers, and the like, and their goal of defeating Barack Obama in the presidential election is one many gun owners will share. But without specifics detailing how funds raised under the auspices of holding Eric Holder legally accountable and obtaining justice for the Terry family are to be earmarked, it would be reasonable to assume all moneys raised will go toward general organizational expenses and goals (and of course, consultant fees).

If one wishes to contribute to those, there would be no argument from this column if that’s how the appeal were couched. But to raise money for partisan purposes using Fast and Furious as a hook plays right into the hands of those Democrats characterizing Chairman Issa’s investigation as a partisan “witch hunt,” giving such accusations credence in the eyes of the electorate, and thereby diminishing the chances that actual justice will ever be achieved. It also diverts limited resources and energy away from a specific goal that, by rights, ought to be nonpartisan.

If conservatives truly wish to make Fast and Furious a priority, a campaign to demand unequivocal, principled leadership from Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, RNC Chair Reince Priebus and presumptive party presidential nominee Mitt Romney would be appropriate. Instead of the opportunistic, tepid and do-nothing platitudes they’ve offered the American people to date…

(Lackawanna County)

This is all politics, a show for the folks back home on the part of Issa and Grassly, It's an election year, if push comes to shove, Obama can cite executive privlidge and stop any action against Holder in it's tracks, or, cite any further action on getting more documtnts as a national security matter and put a halt to any further action, Issa is playing the game the way it is meant to be played and if things get too hot for the administration, Obama can shut the whole thing down.

Should Romney win in November, come January, Holder will be out on his ass, and this whole issue will quietly fade away as other more important issues will take it's place as this is how politics are played American Style.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    This is all politics, a show for the folks back home on the part of Issa and Grassly, It's an election year, if push comes to shove, Obama can cite executive privlidge and stop any action against Holder in it's tracks, or, cite any further action on getting more documtnts as a national security matter and put a halt to any further action, Issa is playing the game the way it is meant to be played and if things get too hot for the administration, Obama can shut the whole thing down.

Should Romney win in November, come January, Holder will be out on his ass, and this whole issue will quietly fade away as other more important issues will take it's place as this is how politics are played American Style.
    I can not see any "other more important issues". That may sound hyperbolic but, to me, this boils down to accountability under the rule of law. This scandal highlights the total lack of accountability and that we, as a nation, have lost any pretext of rule of law. What could be more important than that?

When I first began to follow this story, I said this was huge. It turned out to be far bigger than I imagined. Consider some of the facts; #1-The plan from its inception was to subvert the Constitution with a false claim of the "river of iron flowing into Mexico from American gun shops. #2- Multiple violations of law, Federal, State and International law were committed. #3- An "investigation" ensued and the parties involved in this have contemptuously lied, withheld evidence, and obstructed justice. #4- Congressional oversight (like the fox guarding the hen house) has proven to be toothless and without the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing. #5- 18 months later there is no result. No criminal charges filed and no one has been punished in any way.

Given these facts, what give anyone cause to believe this government has one shred of legitimacy? I do not mean to say the Obama administration but the entire government!

It is over. This goose is cooked. Stick a fork in it. It is done. The country I was born and raised is dead.

...and again, I say this will only get worse from here on out.

Wrap your head around that if you intend to survive the horrors that are sure to follow.

(Monroe County)

Go follow the links that Mike offers on the latest news of this slow motion and agonizing train wreck.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...over-fast.html

(Monroe County)

My guess is that John-cry-baby-Boehner doesn't want to jeopardize his future plans to play golf with Obama.

Another letter:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...pany-send.html

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post

This is not Grassley's first time at one of these rodeos, he learned how to handle this type of thing on the Senate Judiciary subcommittee investigating the government's actions at Waco.

He also investigated Ruby Ridge........

Both times, his sabre was a rattlin'...........but we know how those went.

I'm not holding my breath on Grassley, no more than I'd hold my breath for P.T. Barnum. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; May 19th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

(Lackawanna County)

When was the last time a high ranking federal government office holder was put on trial, convicted and sent to prison, i'm talking, prez, vice prez, ag, speaker of the house, both majority or minority leaders of both houses of congress, when you can answer that, you will answer the Holder question.

I am so damn disgusted with both political parties that it doesn't matter who is in power at any time, all i know is one of them is going to punch me in the balls, while the other is punching me in the face.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    This is not Grassley's first time at one of these rodeos, he learned how to handle this type of thing on the Senate Judiciary subcommittee investigating the government's actions at Waco.

He also investigated Ruby Ridge........

Both times, his sabre was a rattlin'...........but we know how those went.

I'm not holding my breath on Grassley, no more than I'd hold my breath for P.T. Barnum. I hope I'm wrong.
    I agree and I think I made that point in a post long ago when this entire thing was coming to light. What we have seen from fedgov and LEO's since WACO and RUBY RIDGE is growth of the police state with an accompanying bad attitude and more funding and armaments for same.

It will only get worse from here.

Page 187 of 248 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast