Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 184 of 248 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2474

Default Re: Project Gun-walker and the ATF

I am sure if you wish to launch a revolt on the US gov't, others will follow you.

Maybe.

Not very likely.

Yeah right.

The way i see it, the threat of a contempt charge, or the actual filing of one, is just a further effort to shake more fruit from the tree. If there is ever going to be serious big time charges brought it'll be after the election, when there is a R running justice, who willingly turns over all the dirt. As long as Obama is in place to shield Holder, and he backs him up, nothing is going to happen IMO.

Obama is executing US citizens not even charged with crimes overseas with Predator missile strikes. Including a child. He is operating completely beyond the law and beyond the bounds of his office. F&F is actually the least of our problems....

(Monroe County)

Read the final paragraph of David's article and think for a moment about what the NRA or the Republican "leadership" has done to thwart this over-reach.

http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-...onal-expansion

ATF border state multiple sales report analysis a prelude to national expansion

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

“The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced the preliminary results of its Multiple Sales Reporting (MSR) program for certain types of rifles after the first eight months of operation,” a May 4 Bureau press release reported.

“From approximately mid-August 2011 through mid-April 2012, there were more than 3,000 reports submitted from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. These reports accounted for the purchase of more than 7,300 rifles. Texas led the four states with more than 1,900 multiple sales reports accounting for more than 4,600 rifles purchased,” the release claims.
    View slideshow: ATF announces multiple sales reporting analysis

The results of this effort include “follow-up investigations,” including the opening of “more than 120 criminal investigations based on multiple sales reports. More than 25 cases have been recommended for prosecution representing more than 100 defendants with various firearms-related charges.”

They speculate such transactions are down, but admit “no baseline numbers of multiple purchases are available, since this is the first required reporting of its kind.” Also, and significantly, they conclude “it appears firearms traffickers are aware of the new reporting requirement and are altering their criminal activity.”

How buyers could not have known this is something ATF leaves unsaid—if multiple long gun purchasers in the affected states were not aware of all the publicity beforehand, which seems unlikely, they would be as soon as they tried to conduct business as usual and were presented with the reporting requirement.

What this is all leading up to is evident: Now that ATF is saying straw purchasers are altering their behavior, expect that to be used as justification to expand this requirement to all the states. Expect the administration, its Department of Justice, opportunistic politicians, the anti-gun lobby and media allies, that is the very people behind/withholding information about, and/or covering for government-sanctioned “gunwalking,” to join in “fast and furious” demands that We the People be more transparent and forthcoming with them, and that the solution is to give secretive enforcers who’ve shown they can’t be trusted even more authority.

(Lackawanna County)

If that is the case, then if you live in PA. go to yard sales or flea markets and buy long guns ftf, sure you might not get an AR or AK but in times to come, having a gun, any gun, would be a good thing to have.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    Read the final paragraph of David's article and think for a moment about what the NRA or the Republican "leadership" has done to thwart this over-reach.

http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-...onal-expansion

ATF border state multiple sales report analysis a prelude to national expansion

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

“The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced the preliminary results of its Multiple Sales Reporting (MSR) program for certain types of rifles after the first eight months of operation,” a May 4 Bureau press release reported.

“From approximately mid-August 2011 through mid-April 2012, there were more than 3,000 reports submitted from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. These reports accounted for the purchase of more than 7,300 rifles. Texas led the four states with more than 1,900 multiple sales reports accounting for more than 4,600 rifles purchased,” the release claims.
    View slideshow: ATF announces multiple sales reporting analysis

The results of this effort include “follow-up investigations,” including the opening of “more than 120 criminal investigations based on multiple sales reports. More than 25 cases have been recommended for prosecution representing more than 100 defendants with various firearms-related charges.”

They speculate such transactions are down, but admit “no baseline numbers of multiple purchases are available, since this is the first required reporting of its kind.” Also, and significantly, they conclude “it appears firearms traffickers are aware of the new reporting requirement and are altering their criminal activity.”

How buyers could not have known this is something ATF leaves unsaid—if multiple long gun purchasers in the affected states were not aware of all the publicity beforehand, which seems unlikely, they would be as soon as they tried to conduct business as usual and were presented with the reporting requirement.

What this is all leading up to is evident: Now that ATF is saying straw purchasers are altering their behavior, expect that to be used as justification to expand this requirement to all the states. Expect the administration, its Department of Justice, opportunistic politicians, the anti-gun lobby and media allies, that is the very people behind/withholding information about, and/or covering for government-sanctioned “gunwalking,” to join in “fast and furious” demands that We the People be more transparent and forthcoming with them, and that the solution is to give secretive enforcers who’ve shown they can’t be trusted even more authority.
    Actually the NRA has bitched mightily about the illegal reporting requirements.

Do you read American Rifleman?

(Monroe County)

I no longer read any of the rags the NRA (Negotiating Rights Away) publishes. I quit reading all of it when I rescinded my life membership around a decade ago. At that time the Rifleman ran an article about how the illustrious NRA was going to be "negotiating" with the ATF on yet another betrayal.

I classify the leadership of the NRA right in the same boat as the whores in congress who have betrayed us. Useless traitors getting rich as they loot the ship before it is completely swamped and sunk.

I do read a lot of other publications that reference and laud the performance of the NRA. They haven't "bitched" quite enough for my liking. In fact, the NRA had to be shamed into saying much of anything about the entire Gun-Walker debacle. They were quite late to this little party. Codrea and Vanderboegh were the guys who broke this story and have yet been given proper credit. They spent weeks trying to get the girlie men in the NRA leadership to speak out. The NRA needed to stick their finger in the wind to determine if it was a good idea to say anything about this shit.

And do not forget this is the same NRA who refused to challenge the Holder nomination for his seat as AG. They didn't want to expend valuable political capital. Yeah, Eric the with-Holder of Waco memories and they couldn't muster the stones to even oppose his nomination.

Fuck the NRA and the weenie mobile they ride in.

If you would like a real scathing review of the NRA top leadership, go read some of L. Neil Smith's stuff. He is a former board member and walked away in disgust. He has nary a kind word for them and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    I no longer read any of the rags the NRA (Negotiating Rights Away) publishes. I quit reading all of it when I rescinded my life membership around a decade ago. At that time the Rifleman ran an article about how the illustrious NRA was going to be "negotiating" with the ATF on yet another betrayal.

I classify the leadership of the NRA right in the same boat as the whores in congress who have betrayed us. Useless traitors getting rich as they loot the ship before it is completely swamped and sunk.

I do read a lot of other publications that reference and laud the performance of the NRA. They haven't "bitched" quite enough for my liking. In fact, the NRA had to be shamed into saying much of anything about the entire Gun-Walker debacle. They were quite late to this little party. Codrea and Vanderboegh were the guys who broke this story and have yet been given proper credit. They spent weeks trying to get the girlie men in the NRA leadership to speak out. The NRA needed to stick their finger in the wind to determine if it was a good idea to say anything about this shit.

And do not forget this is the same NRA who refused to challenge the Holder nomination for his seat as AG. They didn't want to expend valuable political capital. Yeah, Eric the with-Holder of Waco memories and they couldn't muster the stones to even oppose his nomination.

Fuck the NRA and the weenie mobile they ride in.

If you would like a real scathing review of the NRA top leadership, go read some of L. Neil Smith's stuff. He is a former board member and walked away in disgust. He has nary a kind word for them and rightfully so.

How's that NRA backed, Constitutionaly protected, Liberty working out for ya?

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

I have been a member of the NRA for decades, and will be for the rest of my life barring some bizarro event.

I signed up all the females in my family, and usually sign up my girlfriends too.

I understand they are not perfect, but i remember the dark days when gun ownership was on the brink, and i remember that it was the NRA that was there standing for my rights.

The NRA is not the enemy. Now Holder, on the other hand...

In any case, the NRA "rag" American Rifleman has railed against the illegal reporting requirements in numerous columns since it was implemented.

(Monroe County)

Any PAFOA members in Jason Altmire's district? Maybe you want to have a chat with him.

Codrea's latest here:

http://www.examiner.com/article/issa...tive-democrats

Issa sends Justice Dept. contempt draft to supportive Democrats

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

House Oversight Committee on Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., sent a letter today to Jason Altmire, D-Pa., and 31 House Democrats who wrote to President Obama in June, 2011 “to express serious concerns” about the administration’s response to the Fast and Furious “gunwalking” scandal. Copied on the letter was unsupportive ranking member Elijah Cummings, D-Md.

“In your letter, you urged the President to ‘instruct the Department of Justice to promptly provide complete answers to all Congressional inquiries on this issue,’” Issa reminded Altmire. “Eleven months later, the Department has failed to provide those complete answers.”

“Given the special interest expressed in your prior letter, I now write enclosing a package of documents sent to Members of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last week,” Issa advised. “This package includes a draft contempt report detailing the Justice Department’s refusal to cooperate with the congressional inquiry into Fast and Furious.”

Gun Rights Examiner reported on the draft contempt citation last Thursday, and brought readers news of the Democrats’ letter to the president in a June 3, 2011 report. Issa's letter today gives Rep. Altmire and his Democratic colleagues the opportunity to demonstrate they were serious about what they told the President, and their response and willingness (or unwillingness) to support stronger methods of persuasion will be telling.

In a related development, Matthew Boyle of The Daily Caller reports Indiana Democratic Senate candidate and current Rep. Joe Donnelly “supports the House oversight committee’s efforts to enforce the congressional subpoena of Attorney General Eric Holder over Operation Fast and Furious.”

Donnelly, a Democrat with “pro-gun” credentials, will face the Republican winner of today’s primary, either incumbent anti-gunner Dick Lugar or challenger and NRA-backed Richard Mourdock, as discussed in yesterday’s

Issa gives Democrats who say they support efforts to uncover truth a chance to show they are serious.

Suggested by the author:

Origins of Fast and Furious story important for media to get right
    House Democrats urge White House to come clean on Gunwalker
    Republican ‘Young Guns’ solicited Democrats to support anti-gun Lugar
    House Oversight chair reaches out to Democrats on F&F

(Monroe County)

More limp dick symbolism from the Dead Elephants.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hous...s-stonewalling

House vote to cut DOJ salaries over stonewalling symbolic, not substantive

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

“Motion to Cut Justice Department Salaries Passes House by Voice Vote,” a Tuesday evening press release from the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform announces.

“In response to more than a year of Justice Department stonewalling Congress and the American people on Operation Fast and Furious, the U.S. House of Representatives today passed by voice vote an amendment cutting Justice Department salaries until they fully answer questions on the failed gunwalking program,” the release advises. “Oversight Committee member Rep. Trey Gowdy (SC-4) sponsored the amendment, which cuts $1,000,000 from the Justice Department’s General Administration fund and is part of the FY 2013 DoJ Appropriation.”

“Congress has been patient - indeed too patient in my judgment - with the Department of Justice and its failure to comply with the lawful request for the production of documents,” the release quotes Rep. Gowdy, seen in the accompanying video appearing in this column’s sidebar.

"1,000,000"?

Without spending much time crunching numbers or looking for more authoritative and up-to-date sources, a quick trip to the DoJ Wikipedia page claims a total 2010 budget for the Department of “$27.7 billion,” and 111,993 employees. Assuming they all took equal hits and people who had no part in the decisions were “punished” alongside those who did, the cut would amount to a whopping $8.93 per employee for the year, or whatever the 2013 figures yield, and assuming the janitor would be held equally responsible with the Attorney General.

Why this symbolic gesture would impress powerful officials accused of being so ruthless they would allow and then cover up the walking of guns to Mexico, actions that have reportedly resulted in human deaths, remains unsaid in the release.
    This punishment fits the crime?
    This punishment fits the crime?

Suggested by the author:

A Journalist's Guide to 'Project Gunwalker'-Part Ten
    BREAKING: Gowdy follows through on threat to cut DoJ funding, but…

(Monroe County)

So the gutless whores in the Senate think that memorials and monuments are what solves these problems? I call that intellectually bankrupt and morally corrupt. Flush them all down the toilet bowl of history!

http://www.examiner.com/article/bria...emma-for-obama

Brian A. Terry Memorial Act creates political dilemma for Obama

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

“Legislation to honor fallen Border Patrol agent Brian A. Terry unanimously passes U.S. Senate,” a May 9 press release from the Office of Congressman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., announces.

“The Brian A. Terry Memorial Act, sponsored by Issa with nearly seventy bipartisan cosponsors, will rename the United States Border Patrol Station in Bisbee, AZ to honor the memory of Agent Brian Terry who was gunned down in the line of duty by heavily-armed drug smugglers on December 14, 2010. Terry died the following day,” the release states. “Weapons found at the scene were connected to the Department of Justice’s reckless Fast & Furious Operation.”

Gun Rights Examiner reported passage of the act in the House of Representatives last December, concluding “A symbolic act is appropriate. Now it's up to us to use our voices and not allow it to remain just that.”

Issa’s release shares another significant piece of information regarding what to expect next.

“The Brian A. Terry Memorial Act will be transmitted from the Senate to President Barack Obama for his signature, upon which time the measure will become law,” it explains.

“When the bill reaches Obama's desk, I expect him to invite Brian Terry's family to the signing,” Katie Pavlich of Townhall.com writes.

That creates an interesting dilemma for the President, particularly because of Terry's mother calling his Attorney General Eric Holder a "coward" and a "joke," and especially since the slain agent’s parents filed a lawsuit against the Justice Department and ATF that “seeks $25 million dollars in compensation for Terry's death.”

Will Obama invite the Terry family to the signing? Will he dare not to?

Will the White House be able to use the lawsuit as an excuse for the President to quietly sign the bill without comment, attendees, ceremony? Or if there is one, will they have a “no cameras/microphones” rule, and offer up words like “to protect the family’s dignity” and “the solemnity of the occasion” to ensure that no politically embarrassing footage gets created?

Page 184 of 248 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast