Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Is now the time??

For me still in my first year of collecting/target shooting firearms I have tried to fill as many voids as possible for what I want to have. Right now I have a final payment to make on my ria 1911 from buds, I planned on making another purchase soon after. My girl friend is buying me a new toy for my birthday coming up in October, I need to pick something out to put on layaway to make sure I have what I want when she has all the cash. Originally I was planning on another rock island, maybe a officers model or another full size, maybe a glock..... As you can tell I'm still up in the air.

Now I have more of a problem my only long gun is a hi point 995. While great for plinking I have planned for awhile to get ak47. I want it for shtf, hd all that plus just to have one. My plan was to wait until early 2013 to pick one up. Now my main reason to wait was to hope that the inflated prices would go down by then.

Now with all the talk of assault weapons ban and all the hysteria over tighter gun control has me nervous. So what I want to try to figure out is should I wait? Or should I pay extra now while I still have a chance??

Opinions on whether you guys think something like that will happen again in the near future would be awesome.

I personally don't think it will but then again what do I know. I really hope it doesn't and that I can wait for better prices. IMO 500 for century ak is to much, and I would really rather wait.

So what do you think I should do for my upcoming purchase go for one of the pistols I'd rather get first, or bite and go with the ak.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Is now the time??

Grab one now while there 500$ last time this happen they went up to 700-900$ for a wasr!!!
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Adams County)

food for thought a pile of guns will do you no good if you have nothing to shoot in them. i would be looking into a reloading outfit.

guestion are you collecting target guns?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lhowland.40 View Post
    <snip>

Originally I was planning on another rock island, maybe a officers model or another full size, maybe a glock..... As you can tell I'm still up in the air.

Now I have more of a problem my only long gun is a hi point 995. While great for plinking I have planned for awhile to get ak47. I want it for shtf, hd all that plus just to have one. My plan was to wait until early 2013 to pick one up. Now my main reason to wait was to hope that the inflated prices would go down by then.

<snip>
    You could have an AK for the price of the Rocker. 1911s will always be around, but depending on which way the farts blow - AKs could become super-scarce.

The way the election could go, it could be some time before the AKs ever stabilize.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

True. I have been interested in reloading for some time now. Problem is, atleast for me is that I would rather learn from somebody with some experience doing it. I'm sure there are plenty of help videos out there but some hands on learning would be great.

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean when you say target guns. Like guns/caliber I would only use for the range. What comes to mind for me is 22's. If so then not really. I currently have a sigma in .40, the 995ts and the ria on the way. The hi point is more of just a target gun but I think if needed it would do what I need it to do. I want to get a lever action in 22 and maybe a buck mark or mk 3 but figured those wouldn't be hard to come by in near future.

Another question is my birthday is until October, I know it's hard for anyone to say but do you think if there were to be anther ban that they could make it happen by then.

(Warren County)

There's a good reason there are a zillion ruger10-22 rifles on the market . They
    work really well..I would wait to buy a lever action.

I would not wait to buy a shtf rifle.prices will not drop.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Northampton County)

Thanks for all the feed back guys much appreciated.