Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gerald Ung trial coming up on 2-7-11

Short answer: Not Guilty! I was at the last 4/5th of the trail. An interesting show but a huge waste of taxpayers' and defendant's money and time.

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/8607...-shooting.html Trial progression and discussion starting around post #846.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Short answer: Not Guilty! I was at the last 4/5th of the trail. An interesting show but a huge waste of taxpayers' and defendant's money and time.

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/8607...-shooting.html Trial progression and discussion starting around post #846.
    Thanks for the cliffnotes! I was trying to wade through there yesterday, but it was pretty thick, and I tried searching specifically but there was a few different threads. I just remember the trial commencing, but I had visited the forum for awhile after that, and it slipped my mind to check. And that particular thread was archived I believe, so I couldn't post there.

Thanks again.. and good to hear!
    III%

(Bucks County)

Was there ever any civil action either way, and did he ever get his pistol back?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Was there ever any civil action either way, and did he ever get his pistol back?
    I am unaware of any further actions taken, or if Gerald even attempted to retrieve his property.

To put things in perspective, the cost of the pistol new was probably less than 1 hour of his attorney's time.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

I am unaware of any further actions taken, or if Gerald even attempted to retrieve his property.

To put things in perspective, the cost of the pistol new was probably less than 1 hour of his attorney's time.
    i wonder how it would have worked out for Mr Ung had he reached for an attorney's phone number rather then that pistol!
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be worth it to fight for it, but it would have been nice if they had the common decency to return it.

Thank you for the update!

(Montgomery County)

Well, Mythaeus found an article from yesterday that the lawsuits have started ...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...vil-court.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456