Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default thoughts on a CZ75B?

So i decided a little while ago that i need to fill the 9mm void in my collection. I have handguns in .22, .40, and .45, and feel like with the thousands of rounds of 9mm around the house, its time to pick up another 9mm (used to have an XDm in 9mm, but traded for a 1943 Inland M1 carbine). Anywhoo, i went to Clearfield this last weekend, and was looking around at Bob's, and a CZ75B caught my eye. Ive never really considered them before, ive never fired them, and other than picking them up in the store, i have absolutely no experience with them.

To sum it up, other than being very satisfied with the actual in-hand feel of the gun, i have absolutely no idea if they are any good, and am looking for any input on this.

On an interesting side-note, they had a Cold War commemorative CZ75 that was about the same price, but had lettering all in Russian on the side of it, and a sickle and hammer and some red stars on the side. Im not too familiar with the history of this weapon, can anybody enlighten me on that, too? I dont know a whole lot about combloc sidearms as of yet.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: thoughts on a CZ75B?

I own 6 different Cz pistols including 3 from the 75 series-The 75Sa target,the 75 custom carry protek from cz custom shop and the SP07 custom which is actually A PO7 duty slide matted to a shadow lower which is based off the 75 frame. The base model CZ75 is an excellent all steel platform. They are accurate shooters and can be purchased for $400 to $600 dollars depending on what model you want or if you want stainless steel or nickle finish. Used they can be had for $300 to $350. If you don't mind driving get back to me and maybe we can set a time for you to shoot them. I always like to shoot a pistol first if I can and make sure that I also have a good hand fit before plunking down my cash.
    You might also want to look at the PO1, SPO1 Phantom, the CZ 85 Combat and the PO7 duty ,all excellent pistols. Also you can find lots of info on the Cz forum,I am a member there as well. Members are always ready to answer your questions,its a very friendly forum.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAminuteman View Post
    So i decided a little while ago that i need to fill the 9mm void in my collection. I have handguns in .22, .40, and .45, and feel like with the thousands of rounds of 9mm around the house, its time to pick up another 9mm (used to have an XDm in 9mm, but traded for a 1943 Inland M1 carbine). Anywhoo, i went to Clearfield this last weekend, and was looking around at Bob's, and a CZ75B caught my eye. Ive never really considered them before, ive never fired them, and other than picking them up in the store, i have absolutely no experience with them.

To sum it up, other than being very satisfied with the actual in-hand feel of the gun, i have absolutely no idea if they are any good, and am looking for any input on this.

On an interesting side-note, they had a Cold War commemorative CZ75 that was about the same price, but had lettering all in Russian on the side of it, and a sickle and hammer and some red stars on the side. Im not too familiar with the history of this weapon, can anybody enlighten me on that, too? I dont know a whole lot about combloc sidearms as of yet.
    The CZ 75 series is one of the finest engineered handguns made today. If you do the research you will find that 99% of OWNERS will give it glowing reviews. While it's not perfect (which no handgun is) for it's $500 retail price it represents an outstanding value. You will be hard pressed to find any other handgun REGARDLESS OF PRICE that is more accurate or more reliable.

In my area the " Cold War commemorative " sells for less than a regular CZ75B. ($479 NIB) so the only advantage is that it's 20-30 dollars cheaper.

(Centre County)

I've always interested in CZ75B ever since I started the shooting, yet I never got myself one.
    I just never came across a good deal on one I guess.

5, 6 years went by before I actualy bought one(this past Xmass. I bought one in polished SS for my dad), and I was throughly impressed with one I bought for him.
    So I ordered 75 SP-01 Tactical, which Im still waiting for one.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Northampton County)

Very simple: Buy the CZ - you won't be disappointed.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Philadelphia County)

I have a 75b and like it a lot. Great gun, recommend whole heartedly.

If I were going to get one primarily for carry I'd probably get the PCR because it's lighter and not as big.

(Snyder County)

CZ's rank right up there with boobs and beer. Once you touch one you're grabbing for another!

(Montgomery County)

A CZ-75B was my first handgun, and it's the one pistol I'll never part with. It's perfect. As others mentioned, you won't find a better value, and honestly, you may be hard pressed to find a better gun - period.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Clinton County)

thanks everybody for the fast responses and all the input!

It sounds like as far as quality, accuracy, etc are concerned, the CZ75B is up there. I knew i was excited for a reason when i picked one up at the store, :-)

Now all i have to do is run to my local dealer and see if they cant get me one for a good price. So far, J&E in Bellefonte has been amazing at getting everything i want in, i hope this is no exception! I already cant wait to go to the range, lol.

CZ 75B...got it and like it
    CZ 40P...love it (P01 frame with a 40b slide)
    CZ P01...gone but not forgotten
    CZ 97B...got it and selling it

I think CZ may be the best QPR around. Feels great in the hand and quite accurate. The only downside is trade values. They aren't as well known as other brands, so the demand isn't as good when looking to trade.
    John

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast